Chapter Five

Pitts and Meeks are dancing obnoxiously in front of the fireplace, which isn't lit, but might as well be with the amount of smoke. Seriously, I think I'm getting contact high. Or actually high. There were brownies at the front and now I'm wondering if that was such a good idea. At the time I told myself I was so hungry it'd be worth it, even if they were full of weed. I was right, because that brownie was delicious and I feel fucking great.

All the boys had one, which explains the dancing. And Cameron is puking in the corner, probably because he ate four or more. I'm not so sure when I got here or what time it is now, but my toes feel fuzzy and I don't think I can move. It's been hours, probably, and Knox is probably still pining. The only difference is that his pining is normal. He can actually talk about it.

Neil.

Where is Neil? And Charlie? Oh hell, did they leave me along with these morons? I will not be third wheeling with these best friends. Nor will I be babysitting Richard. No fucking way.

Fuck I forgot I'd had some to drink. Oh fuck. Fuck. Okay all I've got to do is get past those jocks and up the stairs. They are in kitchen, for sure, probably flirting with girls, or guys in Charlie's case. To think I was supposed to keep an eye on the two of them, which they'd promised of me before this whole thing.

I hope it's not like last time, when I was sober and went for a quick piss, but came back to Charlie passed out with a bruised cheek, and Neil who was covered in beer. Except I know this time must be worse, because I have been spaced out for who knows how long and I can't seem to remember anything but the brownies.

"Pardon me, pardon me." I think I would normally be more tense while squeezing in between a few football players. Almost like they could smell the gay on me. But now I'm too busy focusing on where to put my feet.

Well it doesn't work, because soon I'm collapsed against the stairs, cold wood pressed to my cheeks. I almost just stay there and let whatever happens, happen. But then Neil stands above me, a joint in one hand and the other held out. I gasp, holding up both arms, not seeming to mind that there is literally drool spilling from my bottom lip. Apparently he doesn't mind either, because soon he is sweeping me up and shuffling me towards the bathroom.

"Oh, Todd." There's a cloth to my mouth in no time.

"Hi."

"I thought you were supposed to take care of me and Charlie, not the other way around."

"Oh my god, Charlie! Where is Charlie?" I sit up, and way too fast, because my head is pounding.

"He's fine. Sniffing out the closeted boys."

"He can smell them?" I gasp, realizing he's known about me from the beginning. Oh my god, I bet he's told Neil.

"What? No, Todd, I just meant he is trying to find them. He can't actually smell them. Though that would be pretty neat, right?"

"Well it wouldn't really be neat for you, right?" I give a sort of chuckle, knowing that Neil is a ladies man. That's what everyone says.

"Why wouldn't it be neat for me?" He says it so serious that I have to fully sit up, much to his dismay.

"Todd, you really don't know?"

The stereo hooked up just outside switches gears into something more dance worthy. And I can't stay put and think about something I won't remember tomorrow when there is such melodies playing. So instead I dance while trying my best to stand. And Neil seems to have a hard to time not laughing, so I laugh first, allowing him to follow suit.

I grab at his wrist, pulling him up and out, towards the living room, which has less people than it had when we arrived. Though there is one couple and two best friends that dance aimlessly around. Without even thinking, I drape both arms around his shoulders. It takes a few moments for him to grab back, and when he does, I pull closer.