Chapter Two

Scourge sat bedside Bone's resting body, his deputy limp except for the rising and falling of his chest. He looked peaceful and calm which made Scourge feel warm inside.

The pale pink sky made Bone's large white patches of fur look as if they had a tinge of pink in it but it was just a trick with the light. Scourge rose to his paws, deciding to leave the other tomcat alone to sleep. Besides, he had been up all night guarding with his eyes wide open for foes and trespassers.

Scourge couldn't help but cut Bone some slack. He glanced back to see Bone shift to face him. I'm such a creep. He snorted and sat upon a dumpster. He should pick some cat to take Bone's place until noon. He stared at the wall across the alleyway as he thought.

Panther walked over to him and sat at the foot of his dumpster, "What were you doing near Bone as he slept?" She asked casually.

Scourge jumped a bit, his eyes wide. "Why?" He asked as he narrowed his eyes. Panther shrugged, "Just asking, sir." She replied, sitting and curling her tail around her paws.

Scourge looked at her for a moment in silence, "Frankly, it is none of your business." He replied swiftly, his face heating up with something he hadn't felt. He convinced himself was emberassment but perhaps that was just a dumb lie. An empty gossip he had told himself.

It was a strange feeling at it was. Scourge rolled his eyes at the thoughts inside his head and looked away from Panther, past twoleg nests and beyond. I wonder how Bone feels about me... He thought. It may sound stupid but he always was insecure about what cats said behind his back. It was a fear. When he was a kit, cats always had teased him about being small. One even tried to kill him.

The only cat to stand up to him was his half-sister, Princess, but she wasn't able to talk to him anymore and Scourge hadn't had time to go to see her.

The cat who went to those limits was a stupid clancat, one who he wanted revenge on for daring to almost slit his throat. He could never be more thankful for the she-cat whom saved him.

Scourge heard a large crack, snapping him from his frustrating thoughts. He got to his paws and stared at the sky. Clouds of grey covered the sky and crystal-looking droplets started to sluggishly fall from the sky. Has it really been this long I had been thinking? He asked himself then blinked the raindrops from his icy blue eyes. The water had blurred his vision for a second.

The rain pelted him and his thin fur grew heavy with water. He growled begrudgingly and quickly got under a dumpster. "God damn rain." He hissed under his breath.

Scourge's irises turned to Bone, whom had shot up after the rain had started. He silently pitied the deputy. Rain had probably ruined his day. He sighed. This was probably one of the good things that came with being smaller than most cats. Maybe I should do something. A voice in his head whispered. He shook his head. That would be soft and he might not listen to me. Besides, the rain isn't that bad. He huffed.

Bone looked at the tomcat under the dumpster, his eyes emotionless as Scourge and him stared at eachother. The black and white tomcat turned away, looking around.

Scourge watched Bone get up and walk out of the alleyway. He narrowed his eyes as he peered at the tomcat whom slipped away into the softening rain. Why was he questioning his deputy, one of his closest allies, his best friend? He didn't even know himself but he wanted to find out why Bone was going away in the rain.

Scourge felt nosy as he got out from under the twoleg thing and followed a few fox-lengths behind the BloodClan warrior. He felt slight guilt as he crept behind his great deputy. He trotted while Bone was simply walking, it was quite a pain keeping up with the older tomcat. He flexed his claws with every step.

Bone raced across a thunderpath. Scourge blindly followed, rushing to get to the other side. His short legs weren't able to bring him far enough. A monster roared as it neared him. Scourge stared and knowing that in a few moments, it would hit him.

Scourge's eyes screwed up before it all turned black.

I hit y'all with a cliffhanger! >:)