Chapter Ten

Bone woke up to Scourge curled up beside him. Bone looked at him as he stirred slightly, "Hello." Scourge yawned. Bone looked away, "Hey. Um... Scourge?" He asked quietly.

Scourge gazed up at Bone, "Yes?" He blinked, obviously eager to hear what the deputy had to say.

Bone went noiseless for a moment, "You know when I said you didn't love me?" He questioned. The little blue eyed tomcat nodded. Bone continued, "Well, I ment that I loved you. More than a best friend." He confessed. His eyes were clouded with shamefulness.

Scourge gasped loudly, his eyes wide with complete shock...but there was terrible disgust. Bone winced as he thought of Scourge rejecting him, "Please don't hate me!" He whisper yelled, unable to bring himself to talking in a normal tone. He felt nauseous.

Scourge started to laugh hysterically, "You really think I'd love you?" He asked with a loud snort, "Fuck you, Bone! You're disgusting and I will hate you until the day I fucking die!" He yelled harshly, running out of the alleyway.

Bone felt crushed. So god damn heartbroken. He felt a nudge and his eyes shot opened, he felt wetness on his cheeks. He saw Scourge and almost felt like he couldn't breathe, his throat closing up but his face feeling so warm.

Scourge licked his cheek gently, "Are you okay, idiot? You were crying and whimpering in your sleep." He asked gently, licking the male behind the ears to calm him down and  rubbed Bone's back with his tail.

Bone sniffled, "No." He muttered, shivering at the thought of the dream. The nightmare lowered his ego gravely.

Scourge looked at Bone, "Can you tell me what happened?" He asked, his high pitched voice laced with pure worry.

Bone was silent, "You would hate me. Like in the dream." He huffed and broke their eye contact, shaking his head in dismay.

Scourge grew stern, "Bone. Tell me. It was just a nightmare. It isn't real life." He spoke as he put his nose to Bone's cheek in assurance.

Bone sighed, "Fine. I woke up to you stirring. I was talking about how I said I loved you earlier and I said that I didn't mean it in a friend way but in a mate way. You laughed at me and insulted me, saying I was disgusting for liking other tom's that way andーandー" He swallowed hard. He was unable to finish it, choking up a sob but he forced himself to stop instantly. He bared his teeth in hurt, ready for the harsh reply of Scourge but it never came.

Scourge curled his tail around Bone's, "You know, I don't care about you liking other toms even though I made the rule. I do actually love you back, Bone. I truly do." He purred gingerly.

Scourge's voice was so meek and fragile that Bone thought that if anyone broke Scourge's heart he would actually murder them. I would do a lot of things for Scourge. Even kill cats for him. Bone let out a sigh of relief, "I'm glad." He mewed softy.

A.n the next chapter shall be fluff uwu sorry for not updating but I had a small writers block thing hope y'all enjoyed 😅