The Journey of Flower - Chapter 020

After class, Hua Qian Gu and Qing Shui returned to their room. Qing Shui showed off what she had made for Tang Bao: a jewelry box to sleep in, a small pillow, a small blanket and some small clothes.

At night, Qing Shui slept soundly while Hua Qian Gu stayed up to study like always. Time was not on her side as she tried her best to catch up to the other students.

When Tang Bao woke up from her slumber, Hua Qian Gu was still awake studying. She told Tang Bao that her eyesight and memory were better and wondered if this was because she had bathed in the Pool of Three Lives or Taoist priest Qing Xu had given her his internal energy. Tang Bao guessed probably both.

It took Hua Qian Gu practically ten days of no sleep before she memorized all the theories. Every night after that, she went into the woods behind the Hai quarters to practice.

Because she stayed up late and woke up early to study, Hua Qian Gu had trouble staying awake in class. Fortunately, Tang Bao was always in her ear and helped her deal with all types of situation, including whispering to her the answers. There were some teachers who disliked Hua Qian Gu and gave her a hard time by constantly picking on her to answer their questions. As a result, Hua Qian Gu unintentionally became infamous as a student with weak skills but had a deep knowledge.

The most important classes were based on the five elements of water, metal, fire, wood and earth. Xiu Mu Qing Liu was in charge of the water element. The punishment was to drink water so Hua Qian Gu usually left his class with a swollen stomach.

Qu Mu was in charge of the wood element and liked to torment Hua Qian Gu. He demanded her to cut down trees, split them into pieces and write on the wood pieces with her fingers. Her hands bled often from this and scars formed. Gradually, her hands became flexible and strong.

Hu Qing Qiu was in charge of the earth element. She was a disciple of Shi Zun Mo Yan and had a similar personality because she behaved like a serious, old woman. She favored the accomplished students such as Ni Man Tian and Shuo Feng. At the same time, she could not care less about the other students, especially the weak ones like Hua Qian Gu.

Wu Qing Luo was in charge of the metal element. Hua Qian Gu liked this class the most. Although Wu Qing Luo had a hot temper, she never acted like a teacher but more like a friend. Her lessons were straightforward and simple. Most of the students did well in the class, including Hua Qian Gu.

After five months, the students could use their swords to fly. Ni Man Tian and Shuo Feng could even control the clouds and the wind. Unfortunately for Hua Qian Gu, the most she could do was make her sword lift up no more than two meters from the ground, but the sword could never stay straight for more than three seconds.

That night, Hua Qian Gu was in the woods again to practice flying, she had tried so hard for the past six months but felt she needed to push herself more. Just thinking about the Xian Jian Games drawing nearer, she became increasingly anxious and impatient, constantly forcing herself, her mental and physical endurance must surpass her classmates.

Shuo Feng sat in a tall tree from far away and watched in curiosity as she fell over and over from her sword. The higher the sword flew, the more painful the fall. There were scars all over her body, her bones probably broke a few times, but she stubbornly refused to give up.

Tang Bao laid next to the leaves and cried quietly. For the past few months, Hua Qian Gu desperately pushed herself. She was stubborn like an ox and did not listen. She had fallen so many times that it could not bear to look anymore, it did not know why Hua Qian Gu was like this.