Ugly Hands

People saw Nayeon as beautiful, cute, adorable, and almost perfect. Everyone loves her, sees her with hearts popping in their eyes. If you'll ask them what made them love her, it'll take forever if they will recite Nayeon's good points and assets; cute bunny teeth, cute nose, chubby cheeks, heart-shaped plump red lips, beautiful eyes, pretty flawless skin, lovely smile, and many more, not to mention her beautiful personality.

But what do these people know? They can't see through Im Nayeon's mind. They don't know what's going on in her mind. They may see her as such but is she aware of those facts? She may not be, but someone is ready to let her know.

Nayeon huffed for the fifth time today as she formed her hands into a fist. Her big hands. The hands that she feels insecure from the others because they weren't pretty and girly. More like a man's hand, she thinks one time.

She opened them again and stared at it. They're long and slender, pale but bony. It's as huge as her face and larger than her member's faces. With just her hand she thinks she could slay someone just by strangling them.

She feels insecure. She wants beautiful fingers like Sana. Pretty nails like Mina. Beautiful hands like Jeongyeon and the rest. She also wants those kinds of hands, not like this. If anyone would ask her what part of the body she would want to change, she will definitely answer her hands. She feels like it's a sin to have a big hand.

"Nayeon?" A small angelic voice rings in her ear as a real angel came into her line of sight. "What are you doing in the kitchen?"

Nayeon smiled slightly, "I'm getting something to drink. You?"

Dahyun puts her hand on her stomach with her lower lip jutted, "I'm hungry. I'll look through the ingredients and call Momo unnie to cook something for me."

Nayeon cocks her eyebrow, "Momo? You're calling her when I'm already here?"

"You don't cook!" The younger said as a matter of fact. She walks towards the fridge and browses the raw food available.

Nayeon snorts, "Are you belittling these ugly hands?" She asked, showing Dahyun her hand.

She meant it as a joke, but deep inside, it's half meant truth. She takes it lightly on the outside but she keeps on hating her fingers.

"Ugly?" Dahyun questioned, closing the door of the fridge before her. She turns her head to look at Nayeon's face down to her hands.

"Aren't they? They're bigger than any normal woman's hands." The older whispered, putting them inside her pocket then closes her eyes.

"Are you mocking me?"

Nayeon raises her eyebrow as she opens her eyes. "What?"

"If you think your hands are ugly, then what more is mine?" Dahyun showed her small adorable chubby hands to Nayeon, "I want long fingers like yours. My hands are small, I can't even carry two things at a time with this."

Nayeon stifled a laugh, "It suits you. You're cute."

Dahyun smiled at her, she pulled a chair to sit beside her but Nayeon was quick enough to grab her arm and made her sit on her lap.

"What are you doing? We're not the only ones living here." Dahyun whisper-shouted, trying to stand but Nayeon's way stronger than her.

"Let them. I'm the oldest, so what?" Nayeon cockily said, smirking at Dahyun.

"But you always lose with Jihyo unnie." Dahyun teased, sticking her cute tongue out.

Nayeon pursed her lips, gulping the lump in her throat hard. She's controlling herself not to pull Dahyun's head to her and start a fight of their tongue, they can't do that, at least not there.

"May I see your hands?" Dahyun suddenly asks, sliding her fingers onto the older's arm until she had a grasp of Nayeon's long fingers.

Dahyun compares their hands, raising it like they were high-five-ing. Her fingers don't even reach half of Nayeon's. It's intimidating, yes, but she knows those were useful in many ways.

She places her fingers in between Nayeon's as she gives the older a smile. "Your hand fits in mine perfectly, don't you think?" She asked squeezing them together.

Nayeon looks at her eyes then bring their fingers on her lips, she kissed each of Dahyun's fingers even the knuckles which cause the latter to blush, "It does. It's just that.. your hands are adorable while mine's scary."

Dahyun sighed. It was now her who kissed Nayeon's fingers.

"Do you remember when I almost fall off the stage's ladder after our performance? These ugly hands, you were talking about... Saved me."

Nayeon smiled slightly, how would she forget how scared she was when Dahyun almost breaks her bones at that time. Good thing that she's just behind her and was able to grab her waist even before the unthinkable would happen.

"Ofc-"

"Do you remember when we went to our colleague's party and it was very loud? These ugly hands covered my ears so it'll at least lessen the noise. So sweet, right?" The younger continued, brushing the strands of Nayeon's hair and put it on the back of her ear.

"Do you remember back when we were trainees, I cried a lot and almost wanting to give up. But these ugly hands wiped my tears and hold my hands until the end," Dahyun raised their intertwined hands, "Like this."

Nayeon smiled at her, squeezing their hands tighter. "I love you."

"I love you too, but I'm not done yet." Dahyun giggled. "Do you remember when staff threatened me that he'll hit me if I won't go out with him? That's so traumatizing but you came, and for the first time ever, you hit someone using your ugly hands. Slapping him hard and giving him what he deserves."

They both chuckle at the memory, remembering how Nayeon's hand-marked the man's skin on his face. It was so strong that his lips bled but Nayeon didn't care, she hit him once more for scaring her not yet girlfriend back then but has already developed feelings.

"Do you know how much these ugly hands of yours had done everything to protect me? Don't belittle these hands, because if you haven't known yet, please remember how much I love these ugly hands. These hands that I have no plan of letting go of. Your hands that are meant to hold me, that is made just for me. I love your hands, your whole, everything about you."

Dahyun finishes off her compliments on Nayeon's hands with a peck on Nayeon's lips, connecting their foreheads after with endearing look with each other.

"You forgot one thing," Nayeon whispered, rubbing Dahyun's arm softly.

"What?" The younger confusedly asked.

"How much these ugly hands ple-"

Dahyun's eyes grew bigger as she immediately covers Nayeon's mouth with her hand. The face is now flushed with a tinge of pink.

"Let's keep this talk wholesome, please." She remarks in embarrassment.

Nayeon laughed loudly at Dahyun's cute blushing face. She pinched her cheeks and rains her face with kisses then topping it off with one deep intimate kiss.

"Thank you, Dahyunie. For reminding me that nothing's to be insecure about, these ugly hands are perfect in its own ways. Including pleasure--"

"Please stop!" Dahyun cut her sentence off. Covering her ears this time as she runs, away from Nayeon's loud laughter.

+++

Prompt from HyunieWriterr