Chapter 1

It was an ordinary Saturday afternoon. Her usual routine of hanging out with her best friend, doing window shopping, getting some ice cream and snacks before heading to a movie theatre and occasionally ending the day by going to the diners. Elkie and Tzuyu were barely starting their Saturday with them walking in and out of different clothing shops until Elkie found a few outfits she wanted to try. From dresses to blazers, from jeans to shorts, you name it, Elkie had good fashion sense and Tzuyu was sure of it. So after browsing around, Elkie decided to take some stuff of the shelf. As Elkie walked into the changing room with arms full of clothes, she drew the curtains. As she was about to take off her top, she heard shouting and desperate footsteps and before she knew it, someone was in the same changing room she was using. The topless Elkie was about to scream until the mysterious stranger covered her mouth, placing a finger to her lips, she hushed Elkie.

The figure standing in front of her was wearing a black jacket over a white t-shirt. she had worn a beige cap and that were the only coloured things the female wore. When Elkie had calmed down, the figure let out a big sigh and removed her hand from Elkie's mouth as she adjusted her cap.

" What are you doing here ? "

Elkie half whispered, half shouted to the stranger.

" Look, I know that the cops are going to bust in anytime soon, but I really need a good soul like you to cover me. "

After the stranger said that, she immediately heard a commotion outside.

" Hey kid ! You better come out, you can run, a little too fast but you're cornered. We know you're in here. "

Elkie looked at the stranger as she pleaded. Elkie was stuck. She didn't want to help the stranger but she didn't want her to get a record either. The clock was ticking, and the shouting grew louder. She sighed as she reluctantly nodded her head. Elkie told the stranger her plan which she had questions about.

" Wait so you're just going to act like I'm not here ? "

" Yeah, I need to be natural, and if anyone wants to come in, I will just say that I'm still changing. Meanwhile, I can exchange clothes with you seeing that we're of the same size. "

The stranger nodded and agreed silently. She took out her jacket which followed with her shirt. Elkie's eyes naturally trailed to the stranger's toned body and she couldn't keep her eye off it. When the stranger noticed her staring, she smirked and cornered the girl in a corner, one hand on the wall as she walked forward slowly until Elkie's back hit the wall.

" Don't stare too hard baby girl. "

" I'm...I'm so not staring ! "

" Okay, okay, no shouting, I'm going to pick up your shirt and wear it. "

" Abandon the hat too. "

" Do I really have to ? "

" Yes, wearing a hat only makes you more suspicious. "

" Fine. "

The stranger took off her hat to reveal her short black hair with occasional streaks of blonde hair. When Elkie made eye contact with the stranger, she found herself staring yet again. To her, those were the most beautiful pair of eyes she ever saw in her life.

" Can I get your name ? "

" Yeeun, my name is Yeeun. "

" Elkie. "

" Great now that we're done, let's go with your plan. "

Elkie nodded and called for Tzuyu. As she got out the dressing room, she pulled the curtain so that the stranger couldn't be seen from outside and the mirror wouldn't expose her.

" Tzuyu ah, could you come here for a while ? "

" What is it ? "

" Does this outfit look good on me ? "

Tzuyu looked at Elkie who had a plain white shirt and a beige cap on. It was simple but definitely nice.

" Yeah you look good- "

" Hey ! What are you doing on this premises ? "

" Sir, we were in the midst of shopping, what more changing. Don't you think you're being a little rude ? "

" I'm .... I apologise, we were too caught up catching a thief. "

" I understand but if you don't mind, I'm heading back to my changing room. Also, I doubt the thief would be here, they could have ran into another shop while entering the back door. "

" That...you may be right, thank you for your help and we sincerely apologise again. "

And the police left. Elkie took a breather before heading back to the changing room to find out that Yeeun had left. However, she didn't leave without giving her a note.

Call/text me. I need to repay you and also return you your shirt. My number: xxx-xxxx-xxxx. Thank you.

Elkie stared at the note and smiled. Yeah it definitely was a strange encounter and weirdest thing that ever happened to that college student but nonetheless, she was kind of hoping to see that beautiful girl.

What a mysterious person.

Author's note:

Hi everyone ! I'm so happy to announce that I have this new book idea. This wasn't the original idea/plot I was working on, hence this will be a short story. For the other book idea, I will continue with the project so that I can release more interesting plots and probably not so repetitive story line all the time. I couldn't wait till wednesday to update so I will release the first chapter today and subsequently every Wednesday. I hope you like it.