Chapter 7

Yeeun's solo debut was a huge success. Sure she missed countless of sleepless nights but it was worth it to see her song making it big on the korean charts. And it was all thanks to Elkie who gave her something she would never forget. She did miss Elkie when she was promoting because Elkie had her own job as well, but she knew that Elkie was supporting her behind the scenes. 

After Yeeun's promotion, the couple went on a few more dates. Yeeun and Elkie were feeling extremely comfortable around each other. It was no surprise honestly. Yeeun was doing great in her song writing and rapping career and Elkie couldn't be more proud. As much as Elkie would like to claim Yeeun to be hers, the right opportunity never really came. Until Elkie found a day that Yeeun was free. She had secretly checked Yeeun's schedule to make sure she wasn't book so she could plan for a small yet sweet gesture. So Elkie asked Yeeun out like any other date. They decided to keep the date simple and just have a small picnic, nothing too fancy. When they had reach that spot, it was ethereal. The breeze was cooling, it wasn't blowing the mat or dried leaves around. The were shielded by the clouds that were blocking the sun. It was, the perfect day. 

Elkie laid on the mat as Yeeun joined her in Elkie's arms. She started humming a familiar tune, and Elkie joined Yeeun in their mini karaoke session. When the time was right, when the surrounding was quiet and they were left in their own little world, Elkie held Yeeun closer as she asked Yeeun a question. 

" Yeeun ? " 

" Yeah ? " 

" We've dated for so long, and there wasn't really a right time to ask you this, but would you like to be my girlfriend officially ? I know you're going to be busy with your future schedules, but I know you will make time for me, and even if we fight, there's nothing to big for us to settle. I want to celebrate every milestone with you, every award you win, every tour you go to, I want to be there for you, but I will only do that if you allow me to be in your life as something else, something more than childhood best friends. " 

Yeeun propped her head up as she looked at Elkie. She caressed Elkie's face and nodded her head. 

" Of course, I would love to be your girlfriend, but I can't promise you that I will make you happy everyday when we are together, but I can promise you that I will try, and I will fight for the things that matter, in this case person that matter, which is you. So, yes I want to be your girlfriend. Also I want to thank you, for being so supportive, for helping me get to where I am right now. It's because of  you that I'm here. " 

Elkie shook her head. 

" That's not true, Yeeun. You are so talented and the world deserves to be inspired by your music. If they don't like it, that's them, but whatever music you make, I will support you and be your greatest fan. Heck I will even create a twitter fanpage if you want me to. " 

Yeeun giggled at the last part. She wasn't expecting such a strong reaction to come out from Elkie but she knew that Elkie wasn't joking. So they became a couple officially that day, in the woods, where the first met. 

Author's note: 

Sorry for not updating this book. I've not really had much motivation and inspiration for this book. I will try to go back to updating, but no promises since this is a short story, it might end in two or three more chaps so yeah.