twelve

"Son, Gulf, is everything ready? We'll be leaving soon."

Gulf nodded at his dad as he zips the last luggage laying on his bed. He looked around his room. He'll surely miss every corner of it. This room has been the witness of  how he screams every night whenever Mew crosses his mind. Indeed, Mew makes him go crazy without him knowing about it.

He was about to leave the room when he remembered the comic book he's been working on. He went to his study table. He opened the drawer underneath it and viola, the comic book appeared. He personally made it from scratch. At first, it was just random drawings until he thought of an idea; making a book out of it.

"I am so sorry, pal. I didn't mean to leave you behind."

He opened the comic book, running each page through his thumb. And when he finally reached the page where he left off, a frown in his face was formed. It is because he lost the recent draft he has made.

"I should have probably drawn the next scene in this book if I didn't lost that paper. Why am I so careless? Aish. What if P'Mew did find it? Waaaaaah~ We just started getting close. What if he avoid me because of it? Aaaaaaaaaaaa~"

"NOOOOOOOOOOO! IT CAN'T BE!!!!!"

He didn't realized that he just said those aloud. His parents came rushing in his room. They were startled and at the same time worried about Gulf.

"What happened, son?"

Gulf was so sorry that he ended up worrying his parents over his silly thoughts. When he convinced them that everything is alright, they all went downstairs. Their things are also have been loaded to the truck. Only waiting for their signal, and they are ready to go.

While inside the car, Gulf and his parents couldn't stop comparing their old house to their new house. This leaves Gulf very curious and very excited to see the said house. Hearing them, all he wanted is to get there as soon as possible to satisfy his curiosity.

"Oh. It is raining." Gulf exclaimed.

"They say, it brings luck when it rains on the day of moving."

Gulf's dad said. His mother agreed to him and was so happy about it. 

"Lucky day? Hmm. What kind of luck will it bring us? Or to me at least."

Gulf rolled down his window and place his hand under the pouring rain. His hand is now getting wet but he is enjoying every drop of it. 

"You don't want to lose that hand, right, son?"

And with that threat, he immediately pulled his hand back and closed the window. Of course, he doesn't want to lose his hand not until he gets to hold Mew's hand just like what Kaownah experienced. But he's hoping for more than that, of course. When his parents saw his reaction, they just laugh at him. Until they didn't realize that they have now arrived at their new house.

"Wow~"

Gulf was so fascinated of what he's seeing that he was only able to utter one word. It is not just a house. It is more like a mansion. It is incredibly majestic. How did his parents build this in secret? And built to its most perfect state at that.

Gulf looked at his parents who are as just as happy as him. He went to hug them and thanked them for everything. He just feels so lucky to have such good parents as them. No, they are the best parents ever.

"Maybe we should just continue this inside since we are all getting wet already."

Gulf stifled a laugh when he did feel the cold rain pouring on them even under their umbrellas.