twenty seven

"Come on, Phi. You've already had too much to drink. Let's go." said Mild to the man shoving his face on the desk, reeking of alcohol, in a loud and crowded bar.  

Mew has been drinking since the engagement party happened. He can't see Gulf even in the house since he wasn't allowed to. The only way he can see his face, is to look at the stolen pictures posted on Instagram. He was so thankful that these pictures existed and he also just realized that what Gulf said is right. Stolen pictures are the best. He can see the way how they look at each other. That one can see that they really are madly in love. But what is the use? Gulf is getting married the day after tomorrow.

"M-Mild. Do you... Do you even realize that Gulf is getting married the day after tomorrow? While here I am, a helpless idiot, drinking himself up as if this can save Gulf from being married to that stupid Podd!" Mew is starting to wail as he can't imagine his life without Gulf. "Mild, I can't... I can't live without Gulf. I just can't...."

And before he knew it, he dropped dead. Mild went to clear the mess around the table he slumped on as these were getting into Mew's face. He couldn't help but to pity the drunk lad as he, too, is hurt for his bestfriend, for marrying someone else when he knows from the very start who really does he love. 

The pain is written all over Mew's face. The tears that had gone dry on his face. The wrinkles formed in his forehead even when asleep. Those lips he himself tortured, bruised. Mild just can't help but to feel sorry for the lad.

Gulf, in fact, told Mild to keep an eye on Mew, to keep him company, at least in his stead. Mild didn't think twice. He knew very much how Mew needed someone to be by his side right now and no one else can do that but him. He updates Gulf on everything Mew does. And even it hurts him to tell Gulf about Mew drinking for days, he did it anyway. Just to let Gulf know about things. He knows that Gulf would be worried sick when he learned about this but that is the reality. Everybody is hurt. Everybody is hurting. Everybody is suffering and there is no escape to that.

"Gulf. We have an emergency!"

Mild decided to call Gulf as the situation over the bar is getting worse. Mew is flying into rage. He would knock everything down. There were shattered broken pieces all over the place. The staffs are even taking actions to calm Mew down but every time they would try, it'll just worsen Mew. Mild is panicking, he doesn't know what to do. And the only thing that came into his mind is calling Gulf, hoping Mew would listen to him.

[Why? What happened? Is everything okay?] said the man on the other line, Gulf. Mild explained everything and now he is putting Mew on the phone. When Mew heard Gulf's name, he immediately stopped. Phew. That was somehow a relief on Mild's part.

"Gulf? Did I hear you right? Is.. Is that Gulf?! Give me that fucking phone! Now!"

Somehow there grew a little sunshine on Mew's face when he heard Gulf's on the phone and he can't wait another second to hear his voice, the voice he is longing for for so long. He took a deep breath first before he took over the phone while Mild is just watching him, getting all teary-eyed as this scene before his eyes is too painful.

"G-Gulf? Gulf is that you? Gulf, it's me, Mew. 

I— I miss you. A lot."

 And Mew burst into tears. He was holding the phone as if he is holding Gulf in his arms. He did miss him a lot and there's no word that could express how hurt this man is. When Mild saw how Mew burst into tears, his eyes, too, went all wet. He wanted to stop his tears but they are betraying him, they just keep leaking.

[Phi, aare you okay?]

And even though Gulf can't see, Mew quickly nodded to answer him.