thirteen

"Have a safe trip, Mom and Dad."

It is now time for Gulf's parents to leave for business trip. How ironic that they just moved in and yet they are now about to go somewhere far. Their luggages which didn't even have the chance to be unpacked are now once again in the car, ready for a long travel.

"Take care, son, okay? If you have any other concerns, just go to your auntie and uncle, or even Mew. Right, Mew?"

Gulf suddenly felt a bit shy. Well, every time his dad asks Mew about leaving their one and only son under his care. It is not that he doesn't want the idea. In fact, he's so happy about it but of course, he still doesn't believe in himself. He's afraid he might put Mew in an awkward position during the time his parents are gone. He and his overthinking skills, yes.

Gulf's parents opened their arms ready to hug Gulf but the young lad is shy. His parents are even asking for a kiss which he normally does but not this time. The whole Jongcheveevats are watching. Of course, he still wants his image to remain manly and all, especially to Mew at the very least.

"Oh, our dear son is shy. He doesn't want to kiss us anymore. Alright, alright. Reserve those precious lips of yours to your lover. We'll see you soonest, son. Take care. We love you~"

"I love you, too, Mom and Dad."

And for the last time, they hugged each other before they have totally left. 

Mew who is just watching them, puts up a smile on his lips. He can't help it. They are such a cute and happy family. Well, his is also, but it's just so nice to see others with your very own eyes. It kinda melts a heart.

"Gulf?"

They are now back in their house. They all have decided to stay at the living room on the second floor. Gulf, Mew, Princess and Mew's parents. 

When Mew called Gulf's name, at first, he felt a little weird. Because before, they are not the type of earth people who would call on each other casually like that. Or maybe that incident from yesterday did bring them close.

 He looked at the guy who just called him. Well, Mew is sitting on the sofa chair opposite him. 

"How long is the longest time you've been separated from your parents because of work?"

Gulf paused for a while, thinking for his answer.

"Six months, at most."

"Uh~" 

"Why?"

"I just wonder how you survived those times."

Gulf adjusted from his seat and grabbed a pillow to hug. It looks like they'll be having a serious talk from that time on, eh? 

"Well, I still have my grandparents. They look after me since my parents are busy looking for investors inside and outside the country. You know what, if there are persons whom I admire the most? They are my parents. They started their company from scratch and look at it now, successful and all."

From one question, their conversation grew long. Gulf would tell more about his life and Mew would do the same. It came naturally. As if they are already so comfortable with each other. They've talked for hours already. If they haven't noticed that Princess is already asleep on the sofa, they wouldn't stop talking. 

"I didn't realize the time, Phi. I was so indulged in your stories. I didn't know you can actually speak sentences. No-- paragraphs. 55555+"

Mew just laugh at Gulf. Well, Mew is known for his cold treatment towards everyone. He barely talks to everyone. If one word is enough, he wouldn't even speak more than that. But as what Gulf witnessed, Mew is fun to talk with.