fourteen

"Argh! My head hurts so much."

Gulf exclaimed while massaging his temples. He is now heading to the dining room. When he got there, Mew and his family are already sitting in front of the table.

"P'Gulf. You're already awake kha?"

"Good morning, Princess. Good morning, Phi. Good morning, Mom and Dad." said Gulf who is still in pain.

"But it doesn't look like it's a good morning to you, Gulf, eh?" Mew's mom noticed that he's been massaging his temples, even until he sat down.

Gulf grabbed a bread with a jam already spread on it. "My head hurts, Mom."

"Right, Mew said you had fever last night. How are you feeling today, by the way?"

Gulf who is about to bite on his bread, stopped midway. He looked at Mew who is seated opposite him, peacefully sipping on his coffee. 

"Who? Me? Got fever?" Gulf mouthed at Mew who just casually nodded at him.

No wonder he's head feels so heavy. Even his nose feels itchy, too.

"Achoooo!"

"Why did you suddenly get sick, Gulf? Wait here, I'll prepare some tea for you." She left the table so she can prepare a tea for the sick Gulf.

"I remember now. We got rained on yesterday, maybe that's why. I hope my mom and dad didn't get sick, too."

Gulf started worrying about his parents, to think that they are now far from home. He fished out his phone from his pocket to check on his parents if they, too, catch a cold or fever just like him. Even though he's wondering as to how did his phone get fully charged when it is already dead battery yesterday, he just shrugged it off and dialed their number. 

The guy opposite him is just watching him as he dials his parents' number but they weren't answering. Only then, he realized Gulf's phone case. He is sure that it was the case that Podd gave him. 

"Why didn't I notice that last night? If I did, I will surely get rid of that.

Wait. What am I saying? Why would I even do that? Aish."

"Gulf."

Mew succeeded getting Gulf's attention. So, what he did. He also get his phone and remove the case of his phone. He gave it to Gulf. 

"You can have mine. Yours is too girly. I hate seeing it."

But the truth is, he just hate it because of the one who gave it, Podd. Good thing they have the same phone model. 

Gulf is so confused. Does his case really look that girly? To his opinion, it's not something nor near to that. He kinda felt guilty for Podd because he just received it from him and now he's changing it into something else.

"Woah woah. Who cares if I got it as a gift from Podd? This case is from P'Mew. This is a gift from him, right? Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. He's giving me his own case. I REPEAT, HE'S GIVING ME HIS OWN PHONE CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Gulf even forgot about his headache or is it the tea which made magic on him? Either way, he doesn't care as long as he got Mew's case. He immediately removed the case of  Podd and changed it into Mew's instead. His eyes are sparkling in joy. He just can't believe it.

"Thanks, Phi." Though Mew isn't showing it, deep inside, he's happy that instead of Podd's, Gulf is using his.

It was a matte black phone case while Podd's is an animated but fancy phone case. It was kinda cute though. But since it's from Podd, no matter how cute it is, it will still stay an eyesore to Mew.