nineteen

When Mew and Gulf came to school, their hands are inseparable. Though Gulf is a bit shy about it. It is because they attract students. He wanted to pull his hand from Mew's grip. But the more Gulf pulls it, the more Mew tightens it. 

So what if people are looking? So what if they began gossiping?

To Mew, they are nothing. Holding Gulf's hand is way more important than of what they have to say.

It would be so nice if that was the case. But it is not.

Right after they entered the school premises, Mew immediately let go of Gulf's hand. It looks like he doesn't want others to see them being so touchy, see them holding hands. 

Gulf is a bit shocked by that sudden move of Mew. He felt backstabbed right at that moment. It was not that long ago when Mew told Gulf that he loves him and now without even saying it, he feels like Mew's already taking it back.

Gulf looked at the guy beside him, casually walking. He couldn't help but to stare at the hand that Mew let go of. It feels so empty now that Mew's hand is not holding them.

Why?

Why does he have to do that?

Questions are starting to grow in Gulf's mind. It is slowly making him insecure and anxious.

When they arrived at their classroom, there is no teacher. Everyone is on their own world, doing their stuffs. 

Gulf went to his seat and he still can't get rid of what he had felt earlier. It's digging a hole right in his chest. And it hurts. 

Mew casually took his seat and Gulf was just watching him. He is waiting for Mew to talk to him but he just puts on his earphones on his ears. And there he knew, Mew doesn't want to talk to him.

"Why are you avoiding me, P'Mew?"

He is convincing himself not to cry. He is telling himself that this is just the normal Mew. That there is nothing strange about it. He is just being himself. There's no question to it. 

But why does it hurt?

His cheeks are heating up and he felt that there's a tear forming in his eyes, waiting for the right moment to fall down. But Mild called him and interrupted him.

"Hey, Gulf. Why are you wearing a mask? Are you not feeling well?"

But instead of answering Mild, he pulled Mild out of the classroom. They went to the male's restroom.

"Why? Why? Why? I'm not gonna zip you down if that's why you drag me here. Come on, dude. You're not a child anymore. Besides, you even got a boyfriend now. So, you are a big man now."

Gulf firmly shook his  head at Mild.

"No, Mild. I think, P'Mew doesn't love me anymore. Earlier, we went to and he said. And then, suddenly. I don't know what to do now, Mild."

"Hey hey. I don't understand a thing, Gulf. Can you take off that mask? I can't hear you clearly."

Mild is about to take of Gulf's mask but luckily he was able to stop Mild from doing so.

"Earlier, we went to a pharmacy. We were okay back there. But when we entered school, he changed. He suddenly let go of my hand and acted as if I am a thin air beside him. He's ignoring me, Mild. But why?"

"Is that it?" asked Mild. Gulf just nodded at him, troubled. 

"Did you two talk about announcing your relationship publicly?"

Gulf shook his head.

"Then, that's the explanation. He just let go of your hand so you won't attract everyone. Just imagine how the girls who likes Mew would react on this once they knew that their beloved P'Mew is already dating you. Can you handle their wrath?"