16. Forever

I woke up, remembering where I was and who was with me in bed. I smiled and hummed, nuzzling into Clay's arm. I had rolled over in the night so that Clay was now spooning me, with his arm wrapped under mine. The sky was still overcast, a light grey muffling the sun's rays. I didn't know what time it was, but I didn't want to find out. I just wanted to stay nestled up in bed with Clay all day.

My mind was a bit foggy. What day is it? I thought, reaching my hand toward Clay's hand. Is it Friday?

I groaned, remembering I had to go to school. Didn't they realize I had a boyfriend to spend time with? Reluctantly, I wriggled out of Clay's grasp. He grumbled sadly as I started tossing off my pajamas.

"Where are you going, Georgie?"

"School," I answered, kicking off my pajama pants.

"Why?" He sounded confused.

I giggled. "What do you mean, why? It's Friday."

"I know," he said. "Don't you have the day off?"

My brain paused for a good couple of moments while I processed what Clay said. Finally, it clicked with me.

"Oh."

"Mhm. Can you... um... come back?"

"Yeah. Let me just get my pajamas back on." I was in my underwear at the moment since I was in the middle of changing.

"Oh, um... I don't really mind." My cheeks immediately flushed bright red. "B-But it's up to you."

"U-Um... are you sure?" I stuttered.

"Only if you are."

"Yeah, I'm just... a little nervous." I snuggled back into bed with Clay, blushing furiously. Humming, he wrapped his arms around my back comfortingly. I immediately calmed down and relaxed into his grasp. I wasn't planning to fall asleep again, but I didn't ever want to let go, either.

He pushed his face into my hair softly. "Better?"

I pawed at his bare abdomen. "Yeah. Thanks."

We lay in silence for a while, holding onto each other tightly. His heartbeat lulled me slightly but didn't send me to sleep. Soon, our combined body heat was getting a little warm, and I could tell Clay's underarms were getting sweaty.

"Can we toss of this blanket a little?" I asked.

"Sure." He pulled the blanket down to our waists, cooling off our upper bodies. I slid my body up more so I was now almost eye level with Clay.

"Kiss?" I asked.

He smiled. "Yeah."

I leaned in only a little since there was barely an inch between us anyway. Neither of us moved our hands to the other's face, instead leaving them intertwined on our waists. Just as we were about to make contact, my door suddenly opened.

"Morning, lovebirds."

"M-Mom!" I said, snapping up. Clay sat up too, looking embarrassed. "You can't just-"

She raised her eyebrows. "I did knock. You just weren't answering."

"Oh..."

"Well, I don't mind. Have fun last night?"

I was now confused on top of being flustered. "Wh-What?"

She nodded at the blanket at our waists. I didn't get what she meant at first, but then I thought about what whe walked in on. My heart dropped.

"I-It's... we didn't... It's not like that!" I stammered, my face burning red.

My mom started laughing heartily. "I was just kidding."