Christmas decorating at Thistlehouse

It was the 1st of December, which only meant one thing in Thistlehouse, it was officially the start of Christmas and it was time to put the decorations up all over the house. Cheryl had enlisted the help of Sweet Pea and Fangs to put up most of the decorations in the house, partly to put their superior height to good use but otherwise because it meant that she could just snuggle with Toni as they watched and be entertained by the bickering between the two boys throughout the process.

There were lights hung in the walls around Thistlehouse, making a change from the usual pristine appearance it usually had. Bright red stockings for Cheryl and Toni hung over on the mantelpiece over the fire, accompanied with one for Fangs and Sweet Pea of course. Cheryl had bought Christmas scented candles, so each room had a different scent ranging from candy canes to cinnamon.

“Dude, I swear to God if you put the same coloured bauble next to each other again I am going to flip!” Fangs exclaimed as he punched Sweet Pea in the arm lightly. “There’s a system, man! Split the colours up!” He finished as he shook his head and rubbed his temples.

“Ohh get a grip, will you?” Sweet Pea said with a laugh, poking fun at Fangs’ strict decorating rules. “If I knew decorating the tree was going to be this much hard work I would never have agreed to it.”

“It’s our first Christmas at Thistlehouse, I just want everything to look perfect…is that so much to ask?” He asked rhetorically, passing Sweet Pea a silvered coloured bauble to put on the tree. “Cheryl, please tell me you agree?” He asked as he turned around to look at the couch.

Cheryl and Toni lay, snuggled up under a warm blanket watching the two other Serpents decorate the tree. They were in constant fits of discrete giggles whenever Fangs had a mini meltdown about bauble placement.

“As much as I love the sentiment, Fangs…I think that the tree will look great no matter where each coloured bauble ends up.” Cheryl said as she tried to hide her smile. “To be honest, I’m just glad my hellish mother isn’t here to ruin the occasion…So whatever you do will be a vast improvement on my previous festivities.” She teased, earning a smile from Fangs as he relaxed.

“Told you.” Sweet Pea taunted playfully as he picked up a bundle of fairy lights and found an electric socket to plug them into. “Now help me with these lights.” He said gesturing for Fangs to help position them on the tree with him.

The two girls continued to watch on as their best friends tried their best to swirl the lights all around the deep green Christmas tree that sat in front of the living room window. Toni lay with her head resting on Cheryl’s chest, burying her face into the curve of Cheryl’s neck to laugh at the boys’ shenanigans, inhaling the sweet maple scent that stuck to her girlfriend like glue.

Fangs and Sweet Pea placed the lights on the tree so that they could be seen from every angle of the living room, per Cheryl’s request of course. It didn’t take them long to get tangled in the abundance of wire that they were handling, causing Sweet Pea to be more fairy light that Serpent.

“Don’t you dare!” Sweet Pea gasped through his laughter at himself, as he watched Toni grab her phone from the side of the couch to take a picture of him covered in fairy lights.