"you broke your promise" pt 1

"You broke your promise" pt 1

It hadn’t meant to end like this.

No one was meant to get hurt.

They were just gonna mess with their bikes.

No one should’ve got hurt.

Especially not Toni.

So it started like this…

----

“Come on T, it’ll be fun.” Fangs pleaded.

Toni just rolled her eyes; the boys had been trying for the better part of a hour to convince her to join their little escapade.

“I am not going to mess with the Ghoulies.” Toni said firmly.

“No one would even know it was us.” Sweet Pea insisted. Toni raised her eyebrow and levelled him with a stare.

“The Serpent's are the only ones who would dare.” Toni deadpanned. “Come on Fangs do you think I’m stupid.”

“You just need to be our watchdog T.” Fangs explained.

“Does Jug know about this?” Toni asked sceptically. Fangs and Sweet Pea exchanged a glance.

“Sure.” They replied together with a shrug. Toni sighed; that was a no then.

“Get Jug on board and I’m in.” Toni said before turning on her heel and walking back to the bar to finish her shift.

----

It was barely two days later when Jughead, Fangs and Sweet Pea appeared at Toni’s trailer door.

They knocked quickly, glancing at each other with smug smirks on their faces.

Which were promptly knocked off when Cheryl Blossom opened the trailer door, hand on her hip and narrow eyes.

“TT it’s the strays.” Cheryl drawled. Toni peeked her head around the door frame, her hands swiftly buttoning up her flannel shirt with a sheepish grin.

“Hey guys, what’s up?” Toni asked, slightly breathlessly.

The boys picked their jaws off the ground one by one until Jughead cleared his throat.

“Can we uh… talk to you Toni… alone.” Jughead said awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck.

Cheryl sighed and rolled her eyes, leaning over to press a quick kiss to Toni’s cheek before disappearing into the trailers living room area.

Toni stepped into the cool night air and shut the door behind her.

“What do you guys want?” Toni asked exasperatedly.

“We got Jug on board.” Fangs said with an excited grin. Toni frowned and glanced back at the closed door.

“Now?” Toni asked, looking back at the boys with a slightly pained look on her face.

“Now.” Jughead nodded. Toni sighed and ran her hand through her hair.

“Fine but you fucks owe me big time.” Toni hissed before pushing open the door and stepping back inside.

“What’d they want babe?” Cheryl asked, lounging on the sofa, mindlessly watching the TV. Toni winced and reached for her Serpent’s jacket off the kitchen table. “Toni?”

“I have to go Cher.” Toni muttered. Cheryl looked over at her with a worried expression.

“Everything alright?” Cheryl asked. Toni quickly made her way over to the sofa and sat down next to Cheryl.