Chapter 16

🕸

12:39pm
At the shop

"Y'all weird as fuck if you think orange juice it better then apple!" Ray announces. I giggle as I sit next to him with my head on his shoulder.

We where all arguing about wether orange juice is better then apple
Which it is!!

"Ok your tripping hard if you think apple beats orange! It's just not possible" Ruben shoots back.

"It probably says somewhere in the bible that it's better" fourthgrade added being on rubens side.

Fuckshit was helping a customer at the counter, we still ain't talking. Again. And I ain't talking to him after the low shit he pulled.

"Yo fuckshit" ray yelled out.

"What nigga! Can't you see I'm busy?" He said handing a customers board back after doing there wheels.
He still had a busted lip and a cut on his eyebrow from the fight.
Lowkey looked hot.

"Ok first of all y'all need to figure out this shit because it's getting old!" He said eyeing me and fuckshit.

"For the hundredth time! Nothings going on between us" I spit back
Sitting back on the couch.

"Ok so that's why y'all never said one word to each other for the past week?" Fourthgrade buds in.

"You know I don't want to argue about this anymore, I'm going to go get something to drink" I get up walking towards the front door with my board in hand.

"Nigga go with her!" Rays says pointing to him
"Why me? Ruben you go!" Fuckshit yells
"I need to use the washroom" he quickly gets up running to the back, him too. He been distant since yesterday.

"Fourthgrade?" Fuckshit pleads

"I'm a big girl I can go by myself" I turn smiling at them not wanting them to argue.

I see ray eyeing fuckshit, him obviously tryna get us to apologize to each other. There's no way in hell I would apologize! What would I apologize for? Not letting him kiss me?

"Fine nigga!" He gives walking around the counter.
Now I gotta deal wit this mans attitude.

I just roll my eyes turn glaring at ray before turning around walking thru the door

3rd person:

The two walk down the street well the horrendously hot LA sun scorched down onto them.
Not saying one word to each other
Kay decides to break the silence.

"You can go back you know?" She explains not looking at the boy.

"Yeah I could but I ain't tryna get my ass beat for leaving you"  he says as he drops his board riding beside her.

He pushes himself going a ahead

"Com'on girl I ain't tryna be out here all day" he explains looking back at her with his cheesy smile.

She had to admit, he was fine but she kept to her word. Being mad is the best case.
Showing no emotion, she dropped  her board riding ahead of him.

He smiled knowing he still had an effect on the girl.

<<<>>>

They got back to the shop laughing with each other. Ray had a pleased look on his face knowing he did his part. The rest of the guys looked at the two confused as if they didn't just ignore each others existence for a week straight.

"See I told y'all! I'm the black Cupid" he says smiling pointing at himself.

Fuckshit apologized to kay at the store offering to buy her drink, she did agree to the drink but told him it would take more then that to win her trust back.

"Whatever nigga, you ain't shit but bitch that work here" fuckshit spits back making everyone laugh, well except ray.

"At least I have a job nigga, unlike yo broke ass" ray says well sippin the drink he had in his hand.

"Niggaaa fukkk you" he say well throwing himself onto the couch, flipping off ray.

Kay laughed at her friends, she enjoyed theses moments of them being them.
The goofy teens she met and loved.

She looked over at Ruben who was staring at her with a weird look on his face. She didn't want to deal with him at the moment after what he pulled yesterday.

Flashback

"Ok I'll be there in a second" Ruben says before hanging up the phone, he walks over to her bedroom grabbing his backpack.

"You leavin" kay asks confused well waking into the room.

"Uh yeah I gotta go back home" he explains still not looking at her.

She didn't think anything of it until he started packing everything he brought over in the last week.

He grabs his backpack walking out the door not saying another word to the girl.

End of flashback

"I think imma head home some bitch boutta pull up in a hour" Kay explains well walking towards the door.

"Bitch?" Fourthgrade says in confusion.

"Um yeah sum social worker" she explains turning back towards them.

"You in trouble or something" ray asks still not aware of her home problems. The two kind of drifted after everything happened with fuckshit, it wasn't on purpose she just had a lot going on she forgot to mention it.

"I'll be alright, I'll handle it" she said giving the boy a reassuring smile, she really had no idea what she was gunna do. She only knew that she wasn't going back into foster care.

889 words 🕹
Imma stick with the 3rd person view

The others just too much.

Hope you enjoy thissss
Thank you for 1.57k reads
Means a lot that y'all are enjoying this book I made out of Boredom.

Luv y'all!!💞

Also is orange juice better or apple?

Personally I like orange but apple slaps when it needs to.