c.18

Saturday

Dara kept herself entertained in the company of Ill Woo in whom she believed she had successfully hide her own trouble with him. They were laughing together and so she didn't see it coming when Ill Woo had finally open a conversation with her.

They were in the community park when Ill Woo had finally stopped from smiling and stared seriously to her eyes.

"I can't belive I'm gonna do this." he said.

"What?" Dara asked in smiling face.

"We can stop now."

"Stop what?"

"This. Stop forcing yourself it's already upsetting me." Ill Woo said kindly, reaching over to caress Dara's forehead.

"What are you trying to say Ill Woo-shi?"

"Let's break up." he said.

"What?" Dara asked in a dumbfounded face. "I thought we were fine?"

"It's also what I want to believe, Dara. But you're not happy and you always have the distant look in your eyes."

Dara looked down to the ground, blinking in refusal. She had tried so hard to be happy with Ill Woo but why was he pointing out that she wasn't?

"I can't let you do this. I love you but I can't let you be in misery." he lifted her chin up and made her looked at him.

"Ill Woo-shi..."

"It's that guy, isn't it?"

Even Ill Woo didn't as much specify who, Dara had only one man on her mind.

"I'm sorry, Ill Woo-shi." Dara only said knowing she can't keep it anymore from him.

Ill Woo just brought Dara into a hug. "Don't beat yourself too much about it. I just hope you're making the right choice, Dara."

Dara looked to him while Ill Wo looked down to her before he leaned over and kissed her briefly on her lips, intending it as their partition sign.

"I did love you, Woo-shi. I thought we could work out."

"But it's not the kind of love that I want from you." he said before distancing himself from her. "You should go first and don't look back or I wont be able to let you go."

Dara stayed standing on her spot while looking at Ill Woo in apologetic face.

"Go." Ill Woo gestured with his gentle smile before she stepped back and turned away from him. It was actually hard not to look back but she tried hard or she'll feel more sorry to him if she looked at his face again.

Ill Woo waved a goodbye to Dara although there was no way she saw that. With an idiotic smile to his face, his tears ran down to hs cheeks this time. When Dara's figure disappeared, he looked up the sky and wiped his tears away and evened his breathing before he chuckled within himself.

"This sucks." he spoke within himself as he sat in the swing, letting the wind fan his face to better dry his tears much faster. He was only startled when Gray suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

"Wow. That was quite dramatic parting, huh?" Gray said and sat on the other swing.

"How long have you been here?" Ill Woo snapped to his little brother.

"Been while that my ice cream almost melted." Gray said before handing one to Ill Woo. "There are many birds in the forest, hyungnim." he said after a while.

Ill Woo was successful in opening the ice cream stick before he looked at Gray, "Why are you speaking in metaphor now?"

"Aish. I'm just saying that there are many more women around. Will you get up already? Mom's cooking stew tonight." Gray said.