💤 5 💤

Kyoya's POV

17:21|

The boy looked confused.

- Smiling? Why? It's not like I want to.

- Hum... Say... How are you feeling?, I asked, hesitant.

- Empty.

And then, we started talking while preparing the food.

- Do you... think you can open up to me a lil bit?

- Well... I've got nothing to lose so... why not? What do you want to know? I'm unaware of where to start.

- I don't think I should be asking that but... are you depressed or anything?

- No. I've told you, I just feel empty and... tired. I don't wanna totally give up on myself. Freedom is waiting for me. Only two years and I'll get out from this hell. I don't wanna throw away this chance.

- But... do you... accept some support?

He sighed and looked pissed.

- ... Look, I don't need it, especially yours. Like, seriously, in one day, you ruined my ''plans''!

- I don't understand why you're that reluctant to the idea of me helping you!, I exclamed myself frustrated.

- Are you dumb or what?! I've told you it's because you will make it worse! If you're not here, Ryuga would take the opportunity to beat the shit out of me at any time! Don't you get it?!, he yelled, annoyed.

- Who told you I won't be there to protect you?!

- But why would you?!

- Because it's wrong!

He looked at me in disbelief. He was probably thinking : '' What the heck is wrong with this guy?! ''

- Hah?! Yes, it is! However, it's none of your business in the first place!, he responded.

- You know what? Consider I'm doing it just to hurt Ryuga and not to protect you. Better?

- ... But the result is the same! Are you doing on purpose?! Not trying to understand shit?!, he shouted.

- Just stick with me! Look, if you don't want to talk to me at school, while going to school or getting back home, just don't say anything! But I can't accept seeing someone being beated up in front of me when he's innocent!

- ... For fuck sakes, who the hell are you...?, he sighed.

- A shield.

- ...

Nile lifted his head to face me, then sighed again.

- Do as you like... but I'll have to warn you.

- What?

He scratched the back of his neck while looking quite concerned.

- You won't have a good reputation if people see you hanging out with me. In case you didn't understand, again, I'm an outcast.

- I don't care of what people think.

The pretty boy raised his eyebrows in surprise. Then he started playing nervously with a fluffy hair part of his hair near his ears.

That was adorable...

- ... We're good then...

He said that with the cutest expression on his face!

- You're really cute, you know?, I admitted with a cheesy smile on my face.

- Cringe., he mumbled.

I laughed while looking at his embarrassed red cheeks.

- Okay sorry~

- Excuses not accepted.

- Hah? Why?!

- Pfft!, he chuckled, You... really are something...

Oh my fucking gosh.

Protect this guy at all cost.

...

So... yeah I was actually talking to myself.

- By the way, Nile, do you know who Demure and Benkei are?

- High schoolers, I guess?, he answered with a little smile without looking at me.

- You... gosh, can you stop with the sarcasm just for one sec?

- Nah.

I give up.

- Well... I'll still protect your ass from Oldbag.

- Old... bag?

Suddenly, the emerald-eyed boy bursted into laughter.

Cute cute cute cute cute cute cute cute cute cute cute.

- Y-You... ugh!, he laughed, Seriously, were you always that laid-back?!, he asked while smiling.

- Yep. And people still loved me, don't know why.

- Mmh... to make fun of you, maybe~?

- Hey!

- More seriously... I can... slightly see why..., he said while examining my face with his arms crossed.

I was caught off guard by the sudden proximity of our lips, which made my heart skip a beat and my cheeks heat up.

Just... why...?!

I gave it a thought and... I simply concluded that he was so attractive to a point where it makes me too flustered strangely and I sound so weird right now but I don't fucking know what should I be feeling and WHY I'm feeling this way AND-

BREAAATHE.

...

Oh Lord Lee Know, please help me.

- Hum... are you okay?, he asked concerned.

- Y-Yeah.

- ... It looks like you have a fever.

I don't know if he's being sarcastic or oblivious.

- It's just hot in there.

- Well, I can turn on the AC if you want or you can simply take off your jacket., he suggested.

- Thanks...

I left for one sec to hang my jacket on the coat hanger.

- Say, Tategami., I heard him calling from over there.

- Yeah?

- By chance... weren't your cheeks getting red because I was too close to your face~?

...

I can see Nile smirking and I didn't even glance at him.

You really are something, pretty boy.