💤 14 💤

Kyoya's POV

13:01|

- Tell me he's lying!

- Hah?!

I trapped him in the corner of the hallway. This time, he ain't going anywhere.

I grabbed his wrists and tightened my grip on them.

- LEAVE ME ALONE, YOU IDIOT! IT'S BEEN WEEKS SINCE WE TALKED! I WAS CLEAR WITH Y-

- HAVE YOU TRIED TO KILL SOMEBODY?!, I interrupted him while screaming.

He widened his eyes in shock and looked like he couldn't breathe. It's like his soul had been taken away from his body.

I remembered that he absolutely hated when I shouted, but... I needed to be sure. Please, tell me Ryuga was lying.

Even though... he looked... extremely serious... and Nile's reaction wasn't helping me relativizing...

- ...

- Tell me... why?

- ... Do you believe him?, he asked, looking at the ground.

No!

I'll believe you!

- I don't! I wanna hear it from you! I don't trust Ryuga, but-

- But that's why you still went to ask him, huh?, he groaned.

- It doesn't change the fact that I still wanna hear your side of the story.

He raised his head and his eyes met mine. I was terrorized when I made eye contact with him.

He looked really... really cold.

- Don't you remember what I've said? I told you I was the bad guy.

- ...

- What, still wanna protect a piece of trash like me?

- ...

- Now let me go.

I was trembling in astonishment.

That was so vague...

Yet so horrible and shocking.

- Y-You...

While I was paralyzed, he took this occasion to try to leave...

But, with the few strength left in me, I grabbed his hand, still shivering.

He turned around, gave me this stoic look, waiting for me to spit it out.

- Y-You're lying, right? You're just saying that... because you want me to go, huh? It's...

- What's the matter with you.

It doesn't sound like a question.

- We were never friends in the first place. Why are you acting like you care about me? Why does it bother you so much? Feelin' stupid? Cause you realized you got it all wrong about the one you wanted to protect?

- ...

- Well, that's it..., he whispered, That's right., he mumbled, You got it all wrong about me. You said you hated to see people sad, people getting hurt for nothing.

We stayed silent, my hand still in his.

I was... dumbfounded. I didn't know what to say. In such a situation... how did I have to act?!

- Kyoya, there's something I don't understand.

- ... W-What...?, I mumbled, still confused about what should I do...

- You hate to see victims and broken people... When you knew that someone was bullying me, you immediately tried to stop them.

He stopped talking for a second...

- I've just admitted that I have tried to assault someone. So... why aren't you hitting me right now?, he questionned me, Aren't you angry? Isn't your heart... filled with hatred and feeling of betrayal towards me?

I looked into his eyes and... still couldn't believe it.

He liberated himself from my grip, but, when I thought he was going to leave, he approached me, until our faces were only a few centimers apart, grabbed my hand and put it close to his cheek.

I jumped in surprise and lost myself in the gaze of his emerald eyes.

- What the...?

- If you're really someone who wants to protect the weaks, then hit me.

My hand wasn't moving.

I...

I just couldn't.

Why...

Why, the heck?

Why did I think so much about him these past few weeks?

Why did I, and still do, want him to make him happy?

To make him feel safe?

And loved?

I thought he was a good person, who deserved nothing but happiness.

However... now I discover that he attempted to murder someone.

Yet... I... still don't want to hurt him.

Yes.

That's horrible.

That's monstrous.

But then why... am I still... attached to him?

Why do I have this... need to protect him?

- I won't go until you do it.

- ...

- Hey!, he screamed in annoyance, What's your problem, goddamnit?! I nearly killed someone! Someone was about to die because of ME! Ryuga was bullying me and you tried to do something about it! And now... you have a monster in front of you and you don't have the balls to kick his ass?! Don't tell me you're afraid of me, cause I won't believe you! You don't make any sense! Any sense at all!

His voice.

His voice sounded broken.

Not only angry.

He looked like... it was a mix of emotion...

Tiredness.

Sadness.

Frustration.

Fear.

Hatred.

Guilt.

- ... I... I've never been nice to you. No matter what you tried... I always rejected you... Always... So tell me why... Tell me., he repeated, while lowering progressively his head.

- Nile...

- W-Why...?! Why did you want to interfer with my miserable life?! My miserable self?! Everything about me is bad!

He... was about to break down... I-I could feel it... I'm not sure...

- If I could just disappear... If only... If only..., he mumbled to himself quietly... but heavily shivering...

Oh gosh, what's going on...?!

- SLAP ME!, exploded while falling on his knees, his hands on both sides of his head.

Concerned, I immediately lowered myself at his level and forced him to look at me.

His eyes were puffy, red and teary. His cheeks were wet and cold and his lips were trembling like crazy...

He was crying in front of me... and it was the worst sight I've ever seen.