Secret Secrets Prologue

Hey beautiful people! It's me, hannabean. I hope you enjoy "Secret Secrets"! Hey, if you get a second, you should check out my newly finished story: "Punch". And don't forget about my newest addition to my story family: "Clockwork Daisy"! I really think you'll like them and don't be afraid to give me feedback!! 

Thanks,

H

Prologue

Late August.

It had been a dreadfully hot summer full of regrets.

I hadn't slept in weeks and I didn't leave the house.

My hair had a filmy layer of grease over it, my nails were overgrown and chipped, my forehead was a garden of stress pimples, and my breath stunk of morning, afternoon and late nights.

That late August night all of that was true.

The sun had set only hours before, and I was still sitting in the same chair I had at dinner. My plate still lay in front of me as well, crusted over with the small amounts of food I had neglected to eat. I turned my head when I heard my parents having a whispered conversation in the next room. I predicted them entering the kitchen, and, no surprise, I heard their feet pattering across the floor in a matter of seconds.

"Darling," My mother cooed. I shot my head up and saw her soft, concerned, face. I saw a couple faint wrinkles on her forehead. They hadn't been there at the start of the summer. That meant they were my fault. "you don't need to be so sad anymore, love. We found an answer." My father cleared his throat awkwardly and pulled something glossy and official-looking out of his back pocket. He slowly walked over to me and laid the object down. It was a pamphlet. All laminated and sparkling. The cover had a picture on it, but my brain only focused on one word: Academy.