Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Tuesday, I walked into Dax's class like a zombie. I felt like I had swallowed a pill of too much information and I was about to die of over dose. As I took my seat, I felt a hand on my arm. Gabriel.

"Are you alright?" He blinked his red eyes.

"Wwweee need to talk." I stuttered.

Dax appeared at the front of the room to start the lesson. "After class." He murmured.

"Alright, so today we are going to do some graphing!" Dax announced, his voice excited. The class groaned in protest. "Oh, come on guys! You get to use graphing calculators! How fun is that?"

As math class came to a close, Dax asked me if I could stay behind and talk with him for a few minutes. I gave Gabriel a longing look but told Dax I would. He looked pleased and began to wipe off the chalk board.

"I can't deny that I have feelings for you, Venice." He said as he finished clearing the board.

"How can you deny them? They are quite dominant." I said.

He gave me a sideways glance. "I still love you and I was stupid. Could we try to make this work?" He took a step closer to me and leaned in for a kiss. I put my hand up and his lips landed in my palm. "You and Foxglove, right?"

I stepped away from him. "We kissed."

Dax sighed. "When you want me, I don't want you. When I want you you don't want me."

I crossed my arms. "I'm sorry, Dax." I turned to leave but he stopped me.

"I saw you in the library yesterday, searching Della Marshal-or should I say Della Sanders?"

I stopped and spun around. "You were watching me?"

Dax shook his head. "No, not purposefully. I just happened to see your computer screen. You've made things alot easier for me, thanks."

I raised my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

Dax took a seat at his desk. "You'll find out soon enough, Venice."

I had been dreading fifth hour Geography class. It was the only class I had with Della and I wasn't sure how to approach her. She was seated at her regular spot, fidgeting with something on her binder of papers. I set my stuff down at my desk and casually walked over to her. She smiled and said hi to me, as if nothing was off.

"Now may not be the best time, but I need to talk to you about some things." I said blankly.

Della's eyes were vacant. "What about?"

"Venice!" Gabriel's voice made me spiral around. He stood at the door way with an anxious look on his face.  He wasn't in Geography this hour, why was he here?

"Hold on, I'll be right back." I told Della, and then sprinted towards Gabriel.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I know you know about Della." He stated.

"How did you find out?"

Gabriel shrugged. "I assumed."

I didn't think that was a ligitamite answer, but I carried on the conversation. "So...why are you here, Gabriel?"

"You can't tell Della you know." He said. "She's the bad guy."

Confusion shot through me. "Whoa...I don't think I got the entire story."

"Well you know she's a vampire, right?"