Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I didn't want to relive that night again, but now I was looking at it from a different angle. I had never put too much thought into the wood-through-the-heart aspect before because I believed that vampires didn't exist. But now I knew one. And that changed everything.

So had Eliza been a vampire like her sister? Had she done something so terrible she had to be finished off for good? It didn't seem right, but it was a possibility.

I was waiting quite impatiently for Gabriel in the dorm lounge at Fell's House. I had so much that I needed to discuss with him. Why did he have to be late? Just as I was about to head back to my dorm room in defeat, Gabriel entered-looking tired.

"Gabriel." I said as he sat down next to me. "Where were you? I've been waiting for a half an hour."

"Sorry." He said, glancing around.

"Are you going to tell me where you were?" I felt like an over-bearing mother.

Gabriel shook his head. "It's not important. What is important is that you get all the facts." He paused to take a drink out of the red water bottle he was holding in his hand. "Della Sanders is extremely dangerous."

I nodded. "Yeah, I figured that out. But I also found out something else."

"What?" Gabriel looked interested.

"She is the older sister of my best friend Eliza Sanders." I said. "Eliza died on her birthday in July. She was murdered by some strange guy who the police never tracked down. He killed her with a stick through the heart."

Gabriel didn't look traumatized. "I know about Eliza."

"You do? How?"

He reached his hand out to touch my face softly. "Because, love," He said quietly. "I'm the one who killed her."