Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I was half-asleep, half-awake once Della came back into the room. I was secretly hoping she would be chatting with someone on her cell phone so I could listen in again, but no such luck. She simply walked in, and then curled up on her bed, quickly falling asleep. Soon enough, I was dozing too.

"Good morning." Gabriel greeted me, a smile crossing his face.

I sat down at my desk next to him. It was math class. "Good morning, Gabriel." It seemed weird to be on such good terms with the vampire who killed my best friend, but I was.

"I think the teacher is checking you out." He joked. I laughed along even though only I knew the actually deepness of the joke. I looked over at Dax, who glanced away once he saw me eyeing him.

"I'll be right back." I told Gabriel. I marched over to Dax's desk. "Obviously you want something." I said to Dax as softly as I could. "They way you were looking at me and all. Gabriel saw that, by the way."

Dax cleared his throat. "Sorry your boyfriend caught me admiring you."

I rolled my eyes. "What do you want, Dax?"

"Just take this." He said, shoving a piece of lined paper toward me. I grabbed it and rushed back over to my desk.

"What's that?" Gabriel questioned as I sat down.

"Nothing," I shrugged. And luckily Dax started drilling out the lesson so I didn't have to do anymore talking. When Gabriel wasn't looking, I unfolded the note as quietly as I could. My mind stressed as I read the note:

"Venice-" I read. "I kill vampires."