Eigengrau

"Where are we going?"

The two of you had been walking in silence for, at least, twenty minutes. Kylo was leading you to a destination you had no knowledge of and it was difficult to not turn back the other way. Sweat began to moisten your skin and your legs ached. Kylo didn't seem to mind the walking, however, because he kept at the same pace. Damn those long legs, you thought.

Kylo slightly turned his head at you but didn't refrain from walking. "When was the last time you trained?"

You were taken aback by his question. Odd. He never asked about your training and barely brought up your affiliation with the grey side. Snoke had made it clear that your passion for both the light and the dark was seriously considered before your union. But Kylo...he hardly ever mentioned it. In fact, you couldn't recall the last time he had.

You let out a sigh, stepping over a lava rock the side of your head. "Physically? It's been awhile."

"And mentally?" he asks, staring into the horizon. There was nothing but red.

"I meditate every day." You attempt to remain at his side but he was way too fast. Didn't he know that your ankles were swelling? It was a miracle you were walking at all.

Kylo didn't hesitate on his next question despite the fragility of the subject. "Who is your master?"

You stop, your feet firmly planting themselves into the scorching ground. You were off-road at this point. A bit of steam shooting from a miniature geyser fogs your boots. Kylo turns around to inspect you, only to find an expression of concern on your face.

But you answer cooly, "My teacher is not embodied in human flesh."

Kylo clenches his fists at his sides and grimaces. He's left his helmet at the ship so you're able to see every outline of disgust threading between his eyebrows and the bridge of his nose. "So he's dead," he guesses.

You grunt, sitting onto a pile of gravel that looks unaffected by the atmosphere. You test it with your hand just to make sure it doesn't burn the skin. When you find its cool enough, you practically collapse onto it. Then you start to rub your ankles. "Did I say 'he'?" you reply.

"Is it a he?" Kylo asks firmly.

"Does it matter?" you ask flippantly. You groan in pleasure while massaging your ankles. This pregnancy thing was much harder than you thought.

"Yes," Kylo replies. "It does."

"Why?" you ask, irritation clouding your tone. You really did not want to have this discussion - especially after you've been walking for what seems like hours. You pull a stone out of your boot and throw it in a nearby river of molten lava. Your face pinches in vex.

Kylo raises his chin at you. "Because you are my consort and my wife."

"So?"

"You were the one who said respect was necessary." Kylo moves closer to you but the tension in his fists does not subside. You want to roll your eyes but keep steady, knowing that if you triggered his anger, you might regret it.

"Yes. But it's personal." Another stone in your boot. You throw it to the side.

Kylo shifts his weight onto his other leg. "Am I not allowed to know you personally?"

At this you look up at him through your lashes, though your smile is ill-humored. "You are," you begin. "-but you haven't earned that right."

You've shamed him and he knows it. Your curtness seems to make him despise you, as his dark eyes narrow with exasperation. "Why not?" he asks between clenched teeth.