Orphic

"I sense something."

Your eyes, glued shut, have been focusing on the bits of energy swarming through your mind. In your head, the waves of energy connect with one another like neon colored strings. A noise accompanies them - a low buzzing that makes your eyelids twitch. The over-stimulation of senses causes you to panic and with a breath of fresh air, you open your eyes to find your master sitting before you.

He's cross legged, his ghost flickering lightly like it always has. His green eyes are visible and, even from another dimension, you watch as they dazzle in the reflection of the sun. The two of you focus on one another, listening...waiting.

"What do you feel?" His voice penetrates through the buzz; you're relieved of it for only a moment.

You furrow your brows and bring a hand to your temples. "I don't know." You pause. "I can't decide if it's good or bad. It's overpowering."

The master nods. "Search your feelings once more," he says seriously.

Your eyes slip shut again. You wait for it, and right as you're about to give up, you see it - the imagery. A deep blue glows inside your eyelids and purple follows. You know what this means. Your chest fills with a passion - a light.

"Melancholy," you decide. You barely part your lips to whisper this. The blue fades quickly and you're left with a rich purple. Against the hue are lights of white rays - they dazzle against one another like stars. "There is sadness...but considerations of redemption." It confuses you beyond comprehension. You shake your head.

You hear your master speak. "What do you believe will become of this?"

You don't know. You need more. You wait for what follows.

Patience is a virtue. After several minutes it flows within you like water. You squeeze your eyes shut to picture it more clearly. The purple turns into gold and it shines like water in the sun.

"I sense victory - but for whom I cannot tell," you finally answer.

There's a beat. You concentrate on the colors before they fade before you, leaving nothing but the relative blackness in your lids. With a sigh, you open your eyes, lips parting with bated breath. The Force has not been so strong with you in quite some time. In fact, you can't remember the last time you've sensed something so great. Not even when you were carrying your child did you feel such an intensity.

It took energy from you. You're suddenly very tired. Your shoulders droop and your arms fall limp in your lap.

"The Force has become increasingly unpredictable in the past few months..." the ghost muses. He crosses his arms and the sleeves of his robe flicker. "Nothing has been for certain. With the loss of your child, your own future has been shaken as well."

Air has been knocked from your chest. You bow your head in submission, eyes watering. "What should I do?"

The master takes a deep breath. The intensity of the situation worries him and it frightens you. "Concentrate on your balance," he begins slowly. "These obstacles will cause you to stray if you do not control your ambitions." He stands, arms still folded against his chest. "Do not run to the darkness, nor to the light. Stay where you are. I fear your life depends on it."

Breath hitches in your throat at these last words. You nod to him, your eyes straying downward.

"Yes, Master Jinn." 

The Lady of Renजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें