Moonstruck

It was strange to be held by him.

His nose, long and Romanesque, was buried into your head of hair. He inhaled and exhaled as any man who slept soundly with his wife would do. His long, freckled body was tangled with yours.

You were in a state of shock from the intimacy anyway, but when you felt his hand resting gently on your stomach, you stilled beneath him. It reminded you of the growing ache that battered against your cervix and accentuated the emptiness of your belly. He had unhooked himself from you while sleeping and moved the two of you from the floor onto the bed. You were now enveloped in a hill of blankets and luxurious pillows.

Do you dare wake him?

You decided against it. He earned, and needed, the rest. Besides, it was very rare that he wasn't disturbed; it was his day off, wasn't it? Those only came once in a blue moon and you couldn't have been sleeping for more than three hours, as BB was still resting peacefully in his dock.

Laying in the silence caused the weight of reality to fall heavily on your chest: Kylo Ren, commander of the First Order and Sith apprentice, was holding you in his arms.

Yes, he was.

There's a bit of stirring from him. He straightens his shoulders in his sleep as though he's beginning to stretch. When he finally opens his eyes you find that they're sparkling with golden specks. It's as though they've changed within the past few hours. The hard, black irises seemed to be replaced by a mellowed, hazel color.

You wait for him to shrug away from you but he doesn't. Instead, he watches you curiously as though he's puzzled. You turned into stone, afraid that he'll tear himself away from you. Surely he would. The embrace was too warm - too honest for him.

You start to say something but are cut off by his long fingers reaching up to card themselves through your ratted hair. "I've made a mess of you," he mumbles.

You blink. "What?"

He smirks a bit and your heart falls to your ankles. "Your hair. I ruined it." His voice is low and scratchy, drowsiness evident. It makes him sound more dominant - something you didn't think was possible.

You recall the tassels of hair that had been gripped in his fist. You blush at the memory and shrink in his arms. "It was a mess anyway."

He tilts his chin in response. There's a few seconds of magical silence before he says, "You're tense."

"I'm not used to this," you reply sheepishly.

He raises a single eyebrow, fingers pausing in your hair. "Used to what?"

You look up at him through your lashes, afraid of his reply. "Being held by my husband," you whisper shyly.

It seems like years before he answers. His eyes softens as he watches you, his mouth turning down into a small frown. He shakes his head apologetically, taking his fingers to rub a circle in your cheek. "I know," is all he says.

You shiver at his touch. The intimacy makes you weak. You begin to feel lightheaded.

It's then that C-50 enters into view from the blast doors. His stiff and metallic body glints in the light of the afternoon sun streaming through the windows. When he reaches your bed, Kylo still has not released your cheek in his palm.

"Ambassador Ren," C-50 says formally. "General Hux has requested a word."

You mumble under your breath, frozen in Kylo's touch. "Doesn't he understand I'm suspended?"

C-50 just says, "He mentioned something about Nona, ambassador. I do believe it might be important."

"Of course it's important. I just don't want to deal with it." You begin to shift out of Kylo's arms and he tightens his grip on you for a split second as though he wants you to stay. At this you blush and bow your head.

You wrap the sheets around you and hike yourself from the bed. Your cervix responds with a shout of pain. You flinch and hold your lower abdomen, half-waddling to the doors.

You're wrapped in a thin sheet despite the presence of the general. It's very unprofessional but, in your defense, you were told you wouldn't be bothered for the next few weeks. Hux is standing in front of you, clad in his black uniform, his hands crossed behind his back. His jaw slacks when he sees you in your disheveled state; hair wild and cheeks blooming with color. You see him glance at Kylo in bed (who is now covered by a Bantha blanket). At this, he clears his throat.

"General Hux," you say, smiling. You enjoy the appalled expression stewing on his face. "Are you here for the commander?"

The general clears his throat again. "I...no," he stutters. "I wanted to speak with you about Nona."

You flutter your lashes, enjoying the game. "What about her?" You hear Kylo scoff from behind but choose to ignore it.

Hux blinks a few times and his eyes wander along your form. He notices the soft curves and the outline of your hips through the light fabric. You watch him tense his knuckles against his taut, pale skin. "I just wanted to know what her credentials were..."

He looks embarrassed. You love it.

"I can assure you that Nona is very capable of her position as my second-in-command, General." You shift your weight on your other leg and watch as he tightly swallows a gulp. "My father trained her himself."

"Yes, well..."

"And, in fact, I don't believe that's necessarily your concern," you say. "If you don't mind my saying."

Hux shakes his head, clearing his thoughts. He decides to end the conversation. "We'll pick this up later," he says before sauntering away.

The blast doors shut before you start giggling. You give yourself a figurative pat on the back. "That was entertaining," you tell Kylo. He's lounging against the bed, his hands crossed behind his head.

"You were very good," he smirks. "I think you actually frightened him."

You smile proudly. "Yes, that was my intention." You walk back to the bed and collapse face first into the pillows. "Do you think he's ever seen a naked woman before?"

Your mouth is pressed against the fabric of the pillows so your sentence is mumbled. Kylo says, "Repeat that."

You sit up on your elbow and repeat the question.

Kylo shrugs his broad shoulders. You watch as the tendons twist against his bones. "He doesn't seem like the kind of man who enjoys that."

You knit your eyebrows together. "Do you think he likes women?"

Kylo shrugs once more. "I don't know. Maybe." He reaches for you and when you timidly wrap yourself around him, he kisses your temple.

Woah.

"I like this," you whisper in his scarred shoulder. "It feels real now."

You feel Kylo smirk against your skin but it fades quickly. "I'm not sure how to do it."

You look up at him, twisting your chin around to watch his eyes. They're blooming with something you don't understand. "How to do what?"

Kylo pauses. "How to be a husband. How to be warm. It's not in my nature."

You smile and kiss his forearm. He clenches it around you. "You're doing just fine."

The commander, husband, lover, and companion, tilts your chin to kiss you on the lips. Sweetly. Softly. Slowly.