Hansel's Journal (lyttlejoe) FFF Entry (1)

Hansel's Journal

Journal entry - Hansel 1812

I cannot give up, I promised Gretel I would take care of her and that we would come out of this, find our way back and all would be well, although I doubt now we would be welcome. We have wandered aimlessly, unable to find a path that may lead us safely anywhere.

Nights are cold and he sounds of animals send shivers up my back. I hold my sister in my arms and murmur soothing words of comfort. She knows that I am frightened as well and that while I coax her into sleep, I get very little, constantly watching the dark shadows.

Each day I tell her we might get lucky and finally find a way out of the forest but it just grows darker and deeper. I can't answer her questions about our parents, only try and keep her calm. She cries all the time now, frightened, and we are both tired and very hungry.

Journal entry - Hansel 1812

Today we were blessed. After hours of stumbling through thick forest, chewing on roots and bark we came to a small clearing that held a welcoming looking little house made of bread! Gretel cried but his time with joy. A kindly looking old woman beckoned from the door way and we hurried forward to receive her hospitality.

Journal entry - Hansel 1812