soft hearts..

Cheng's ears were still ringing from Wuxian's high pitched voice blabbering about his absolute wonder of boyfriend Wangji, when he left his apartment for the pet shop where he works part-time. Wuxian is on cloud nine ever since he returned from the dinner date with Wangji,last night.

"a-chenggg..", Wuxian had run into the kitchen and hugged him from behind while he was doing the dishes.

"i found him a-cheng, lan zhan is my soulmateee!"

he whipped around in wuxian's arms to knock some sense into his brother that it might just be a crush. but the moment he saw wuxian's genuine smile and happy tears lingering in the corners of his eyes he understood.

"really?"

Wuxian nodded enthusiastically and hugged him tighter. Cheng smiled and patted Wuxian's head resting on his shoulders. He knew Wuxian was going to cry.

"you found him. you found your love."

"i did, no?", wuxian sniffled.

Cheng pulled away from the hug.

"hey, why are you acting like you never had anyone to love."

"that's not it a-cheng, you know this is different", wuxian pouted.

Cheng laughed. "i know, i know idiot. but...are you sure? how did you.."

Wuxian grinned, "you will know, the moment you meet them, you will know. i was a fool to run away when i saw him."

Cheng gave him a questioning look.

"trust me,when you find your fated one you will get what i'm saying"

'yeah, when i find my fated one..'

..............................................................................................................

"hi, Mianmian", Cheng greeted the smiling girl behind the front desk at the pet shop. She is one of the few people who knew the soft Cheng because he is too defenseless when he is around the puppies in the shop.

"hi, Cheng. How good are you in dealing with kids?" Cheng was surprised at the unusual question.

"aargh, i don't really know how to deal with those noisy creatures. why, what's up?" he asked.

"Some kids from an orphanage is visiting in an hour. just wanted to warn you", Mianmian shrugged.

"oh! better be prepared for the chaos", Cheng sighed fighting the smile threatening to bloom in his face. He secretly liked kids.

Mianmian nodded at him, when he walked into the puppies section. He had been working in the shop for almost a year, at the weekends and he is pretty good at taking care of all the fluffy cute little things in there. He had three little puppies before Wuxian came into his family. He had to give them up since Wuxian was afraid of them. How could someone be afraid of such adorable tiny creatures? Cheng huffed while patting the little Rottweiler wagging its tiny tail at him. Cheng has names for all the puppies in there. He feeds them, makes sure they are clean and presentable and trains them to give a handshake and all. He quickly did all his usual work and waited for the customers to arrive. He made sure that anyone who has a plan to adopt, understand that having a puppy is just like having a kid. You must be a responsible parent around puppies. He attended to some customers and managed to find a home for the little pomeranian.

He was sitting on the floor playing balls with puppies when he heard a happy shriek that almost broke his ears. He turned around to see a cute little boy standing at the door, eyeing the puppies with his shining eyes. He looked at Cheng questioningly, whether he is allowed to go in or not.