Chapter 13: Sophie's POV+Special Thing at the End

I felt bad that I hadn't talked to Christina for a while. So after school, I called her.

"Sup girlie! Ever get to wearing one of the crop-tops?" Christina asked me when I picked up.

"Noooo. I'm sorry. I'll wear one to the party! Promise." I promised.

We talked for a while. It was mostly boys and gossip.

"Soooo," Christina cooed, "Ya still like my brother?"

"Uh, duh," I said, making her laugh, "Why wouldn't I?"

"OMG. Imagine if you guys get married!" Christina squealed, "We could have weekly girl days! It would be AMAZING!"

"Yasss!" I whooped, "That would be AMAZING!"

"SOPHIE?" I heard Chase call from the kitchen.

"Gotta go-call you back soon?"

"See ya girlie!"

I hung up and rushed into the kitchen. "What's up?"

"The sky. Now, I need some HELP." Chase said, beckoning for me to sit on the counter next to her.

"What is this knowledge I must bestow upon you?"

"Boys."

"Oooh," I cooed, elbowing her, "Who do you like?"

"Keefe," Chase murmured, blushing furiously.

"KEEFE?" I asked, surprised.

I wasn't angry.

Why WOULD I be angry? I don't even like him.

"Yeah... can you help? Pweaseee?"

I put my NON-EXISTANT jealousy behind me and gave her loads of dating advice. "Go get him, girl!"

"Noo! Not now!" Chase insisted, "I wanna wait until the party. That way it will be... less awkward." She shrugged, "If I kiss him or something, and he says he's not interested, I could lie and say I was drunk or something."

"Good idea." I nodded in agreement.

"Are we gonna get drunk? Ya know, at the party?" Chase asked me.

"Well, duh," I laughed, "What's the point otherwise?"

Everything was pretty easy the next day. I found out the party would be at this girl Emily's mansion, because her parents were gone for the weekend. It would start at 12:30 AM and end at 2:00 AM.

Quoting Christina, 'Cause why not?'

I woke the next day at 10:30. I had another two hours to get ready. Good.

I ate quickly and called Max. He would pick me up at 12:20, so I should be ready by 12:15.

I changed into the purple crop-top and short jean shorts. I left my hair down and put on sneakers, and put a hairtie around my wrist, just in case.

I packed a drawstring bag with a change of clothes, because apparently Emily had a pool, and other necessities. I used a plain white bandanna as a headband and did gold eye shadow and light pink lipstick.

I was waiting in the front and Max picked me up. In a CAR.

He could drive.

Cool.

I got in the passenger seat and made small talk the whole way there.

Why do I have a feeling this will go horribly wrong?