Chapter 15: Sophie's POV

Emily's house was a mansion.

Well, she told me that, so no duh.

BUT IT WAS HUGE.

I heard yelps coming from the back, and I glanced at Max. "Let's go!" I whooped and ran across the lawn, him following.

The backyard was huge. There was a trampoline and the pool was.... big, and fancy. There were tons of coolers everywhere and people in the pool. Five people were setting up a karaoke machine.

"Eeeeeee!" I heard Christina squeal. I was tackled in a hug and I laughed. "OMG, it looks AMAZING!"

"Well, duh," I rolled my eyes playfully, "It's on ME."

"Please tell me you're not going to hang out with my brother and his dorky friends the whole time?" Christina begged.

"Um, not the-"

"Great!"

I gave Max a sympathetic look as I was dragged away  by Christina.

She brought me over to three other girls, one of them was Eve, and the other two I didn't know. 

"Redhead, this is Eve-who you already know- Blare, and Vivian." Christina explained, taking a seat next to Blare, who was sipping from a beer bottle.

We talked for a while about girly stuff and someone tapped me on the shoulder.

I turned around, and it was a girl I have never seen before was standing there. "Hi?"

"Sophie. It's important. Hurry." She quickly said and rushed off.

"Sophie?" Eve questioned.

"It's my middle name. My family calls me that sometimes." I explained and followed the girl away.

"Is something wrong?" I demanded when I noticed Acer was there as well.

"Yes," Acer began, "The Neverseen knows who you are. We aren't going to reposition you again, but we are changing your identity."

My jaw dropped. "What?"

"It's too dangerous to continue. You're far to vulnerable," Acer insisted, "And also, your friend Biana Vacker wishes to join the order."

"Can't I have a couple more days? Or something?" I begged, ignoring the fact that Biana was going to join the order.

"You have the rest of today. You'll fake your disappearance. You will tell Chase and one other of what is going to happen. Do you understand?" Acer demanded. When I didn't respond he said more sternly, "Do. You. Understand, Miss Foster?

I nodded. "I understand."

"I'm collecting you and Miss Vacker in the woods at midnight. You better be there." And at that he just left!

I rolled my eyes and went back over to Christina. "I need to talk to you." She stood up and so did Eve, and I glared at Eve and added, "ALONE."

I dragged Christina over to where nobody else was.

"Do you know what elves are?"

"Yup."

"Do you know about the Neverseen?"

"Yup."

"Do you know about Sophie Foster?"

"Yup."

I blurted out the whole story. Everything. "And they found me again. They aren't going to repossession me or anything, they're just changing my identity. Again."