2 - A town named Forks!!

The city of Forks welcomes you

Finally!! I never thought seeing a welcome board, especially one of a city named after a utensil, would make me feel so relieved and happy. I guess that is what driving all the way to Forks from Arizona does to you.

Multiple stops at various diners and driving breaks later, I am gifted with the sight of this welcome board. Forks being a small town, I hope it won't take long before I reach my new home. Home... Will I ever consider it home? Will it really be a home without my mom?

Brushing away these thoughts, I see my dad pull up in front of a driveway and observes the house. Cute and homely. Just the way I want my home to be. I park my car and go on a tour around the house exploring the surroundings. I see a trail few yards away leading into a forest.

Though the forest is not so dense near my house, I doubt that is the case after a mile or so

Though the forest is not so dense near my house, I doubt that is the case after a mile or so. I just hope there are no wild animals that will attack us here. Catching onto my drift, dad calls out,

"Don't worry Nora. There won't be any wild animals venturing in our backyard. Come, let's head inside. You must be tired."

Nodding, I head inside exploring the house and end up choosing a room upstairs with a view of the woods. I can only imagine the beautiful view I would be waking up to every morning. Maybe Forks won't be so bad after all.

I hear honks and head down to see our stuff arriving. I start setting up my room and help my dad in setting up our kitchen and living room. Tired, I flop onto my bed and drift into a peaceful dreamless sleep.

*************************************

"Nora! Nora! Sweetie wake up"

"Mfghbhfc"

"What? Sweetheart wake up! We have to head to Harry's for supper"

"I'm not hungry. I'm not coming"

"If that's how you want to be, then fine"

Weird. Dad never gives up this easy. Anyway, more sleep for me.

Splash!

That my friends, is my father graciously deciding that water and my face need to come in contact with each other.

"DAD!!!"

I hear him laughing on his way downstairs. And that's how I find myself sulking in the car on the way to La Push, a reservation close by, where our family friends The Clearwaters stay.

************************************

Clearwater's house is a cute place with a homely feel to it. The aroma of a fresh batch of cookies and some other delicious dishes gets me into a good mood. Smiling I jump out of the car before dad parks it and rush to the door. Sue opens the door greeting me with a warm hug.

"Sue! I missed you so much!" I exclaim clinging onto her.

"I missed you too Ellie. Now that you shifted to Forks, I expect you here often." she replies in a strict tone before ushering me inside.

"There's my little muffin." exclaims Harry catching me in a bear hug.

Muffin is what he calls me since he caught me sneaking a bunch of muffins off their oven during my childhood. I absolutely detest that nickname since it reminds of the embarrassing day. Since the muffins were still in the oven, they were steaming hot. My little shenanigan was an absolute failure as I ended up screaming due to the pain. Needless to say, I was a laughing stock for a while.

Frowning at the use of that horrific nickname, I return the hug saying, "I am not a kid anymore. You can stop calling me muffin."

"Never." He says before I am ambushed to the floor by little Seth.

"Well, hello to you too." I say chuckling as Leah pulls him off me.

Dinner was a lively affair with lots of laughter. It felt good to catch up to them after a long while and it felt even better to see dad laughing wholeheartedly after so long. Later, little Seth - or Sethling as I like to tease him - took me out on a tour of the surroundings, excitedly showing all the developments since the last time I visited.

*************************************

I wake up to the sound of chirping birds. Rubbing my eyes, I glance out of the window to be left speechless. Wow! The tips of the mountain peeking in between the trees.. I can get used to this. I smile to myself and get ready for the day.

I applied for the post of arts professor in Forks High

I applied for the post of arts professor in Forks High. I have never taught anyone arts, so I am nervous to see how this goes. For god's sake, you're the teacher Eleanor. Not the student. Stop freaking out. I tell myself and head downstairs.

Grabbing a granola bar, I watch dad enter the kitchen ready for his work. He is joining as a surgeon in the local hospital. Finishing my breakfast, I bid dad goodbye and head to work.

Entering the office at Forks High, I observe the little room and take in it's cozy feel.

"Hello! May I help you?" asks the receptionist.

"Hey, Good morning. I am Eleanor Knight. I am the new arts professor." I reply.

"Oh right. Miss Knight. I am Sarah. Nice to meet you." she introduces herself.

We talked for a little while before she explained the workings of the school and directed me to my classroom.

Here goes nothing...

I start setting up my desk and hear someone chirping, "Good morning Miss. How are you doing?". I look up to see a pixie haircut girl smiling wide.

================================

Hello everyone!

Here's the next chapter of Eleanor's journey. How is it?

Looking forward to reading your views on it

Please vote and comment ❣️

Stay safe, be happy and have a good night/day❤️