4 - La Push

Precap: I turn towards the doctor only to see a model..?

Woah! Are doctors allowed to be this handsome?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A series of chuckles pull me back to the present. Wait. What did I miss? I look around and people around me are chuckling at me..? Okay. Weird.

"Why, thank you Miss..." says the doctor

Did I just say that out loud? Looking back at everyone's expressions confirms my doubt. Oh god! I push my face into my palms to cover the blush creeping on my face. Can my day get any more worse?

It can. Realization hit me that the doctor asked for my name and here I am, covering my face embarrassing myself further. Clearing my throat, I attempt to sound normal although I doubt I do, "Knight. I am Eleanor Knight. Nice to meet you doctor."

"Ah! You must be Dr. Knight's daughter. I'm Carlisle Cullen. Nice to meet you."

Nodding at him, I excuse myself and head out of the room. My stomach rumbles reminding me that I haven't had my breakfast. Sighing I ask the nearby nurse for the directions, I head towards the cafeteria.

Taking out my phone, I start texting the status of the students to the receptionist. Turning in the next corner, I crash into someone.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't looking at -"

"Nora?"

"Dad? Hey!"

"Nora! What are you doing here? Oh god! Did you get hurt or worse, burn yourself when cleaning the kitchen?"

"Good morning Dr. Knight" greets Dr. Cullen

How wonderful!

"Good morning Dr. Cullen. Meet my daughter Eleanor." Dad introduces me to Dr. Cullen

"We have met. It is lovely to meet you again Miss Knight." greets Dr. Cullen

"You've met? Nora? What happened? Did you really injure yourself cleaning the kitchen?"

DAD!! If only I can turn invisible!

"Dad. I am fine. A couple of students got in an accident at school and I accompanied them here."

"Ah! I see. Are they okay now?" he asks

At this, I turn towards Dr. Cullen looking at him expectantly for the answer.

"Both the students are fine. Although I would suggest a couple of days rest and another checkup for the boy." he replies.

"That's good. I should get back to school now. Bye dad. Bye Dr. Cullen" I say, to save myself from further embarrassment.

"You arrived here in the ambulance right? My kids are going back to school. They can give you a ride." offers Dr. Cullen

Kids? The man looks around 25. He has kids that go to high school? I think my expression says it all because he explains himself immediately.

"They're my adopted kids."

"Oh! Okay"

**************************************

Stepping forward, I dig my toes into the sand as water laps at my feet. The sound of waves mixed with the giggles of children nearby reaches my ear making my lips curve in a smile. After an awkward silence filled car ride, the rest of that day went well. Now, here I am, a couple of days later, at the La Push beach soaking up the cool breeze and the lovely atmosphere.

"Ellie!"

I turn back to see Sam Uley jogging towards me.

"Sam! Hey! How are you doing? It's been a while." I reply meeting him half way and giving him a hug.

"Sam! You're hot" I exclaim reeling back immediately.

"Thanks Ellie!" He says with a stupid grin on his face.

"No you idiot. You are hot figuratively not literally." I answer scowling.

"You mean I don't look hot?" He asks with a fake horrified look trying to thwart the topic. Why? God knows. And maybe Sam Uley too.

"Nope. Don't get your hopes up Uley. Let's go to a doctor. We need to get you checked."

"Ellie. I'm fine. Trust me. I met Sue if that's any consolation." he replies.

Letting go of the topic, I ask, "So what's new? Other than your puffed up muscles. When is the wedding?" Leah and Sam got engaged the last time I visited La Push. I even blackmailed Leah into making me the maid of honor. They are a very cute couple.

Sam gets uncomfortable and slowly answers, "About that.... Leah and I aren't together anymore."

"What? When did this happen? Why did you guys break up?" I ask. I should talk to Leah soon.

He looks here and there not answering me. Sensing that he is not comfortable talking about it, I leave the topic and drag him to the water.

"Let it be. Let's enjoy this moment. We have met after so long."

Sending a grateful look my way, he asks, "How are you finding living in Forks?"

"Good I guess. I finally have a routine."

"I heard you burnt the kitchen trying to make an omelette."

No!! Why are dad's set on embarrassing their kids?

"How did you know that?" I ask horrified.

"Harry told me." he replies.

"Harry knows? What next? The whole La Push knows?"

He laughs at that but doesn't deny it.

"I see your cooking skills haven't improved yet."

"They will improve soon." I reply huffing indignantly.

************************************

Bursting into my home, I see Dad relaxing on the couch watching baseball.

"Dad? Why does Sam Uley know that the omelette was burnt?" I ask with my hands on my hips.

"Oops..?" He replies like that explains everything.

Shaking my head at his antics, I plop down on the couch and join him watching the game.

"I'm considering calling Dr. Cullen and his kids for lunch this weekend." Dad says out of blue.

Surprised, I look at him to find no trace of humour. "Why so? And dad neither of us are expert cooks. Let's not trouble them with our cooking."

"Young lady, I'll let you know that my cooking is not bad. And why not? He is a great doctor and single too."

With a suspicious look, I reply, "What does he being single have to do with them coming for lunch?"

"Nothing. I just thought you should know that." answers Dad.

"Okay..I'm going to my room. Good night."

"What about dinner?"

"I had it at Sam's."

"Good night."

===================================

Hello everyone!

Here's another chapter of portrait. How is it?

Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

Please vote and comment ❤️

Stay safe, be happy and have a great day/night ❤️