3 - The Cullens

Conversations: Eleanor/Alice
===================================
Eleanor's POV:

I start setting up my desk and I hear someone chirping, "Good morning Miss. How are you doing?". I look up to see a pixie hair cut girl smiling wide.

"Good morning! I'm doing good. How about you?"

"Good. How are you liking Forks? "

"It's nice. This is not my first time here. I'm sorry I don't recognize you from my previous visits. You are.."

"Oh! Forgive me, I am Alice Cullen. We have shifted here recently."

"Nice to meet you Miss Cullen"

"Likewise Miss Knight. I am sure we are going to connect well soon."

Chuckling at her excitement, I look past her to see the class almost filled. Sending Alice to her seat, I introduce myself to the class.

"Good morning class. I am Miss Knight and I will be your arts teacher for this year. We can start with your introductions and proceed with the our first class. Today you can paint or sketch whatever strikes your mind."

The rest of the day progresses fairly well. The teachers here are welcoming and I can see myself getting along well them. After a quick chat with the receptionist, I head to my car and see the Cullen kids' cars parked across the lot.Sending a smile their way, I head home desperately waiting to crash on my bed.

"Hey Nora! How was your first day" asks Dad.

Squeaking, I slightly jump in the air placing a hand on my heart trying to calm myself down.

"Dad!! Weren't you supposed to be back a little late at night?"

"Yeah! But I didn't have a lot of work today. So, I thought of spending some time with you. You didn't answer me. How was your first day?" he replies

"Nothing bad happened. So it is fine I guess."

"Hmm. Come on. We are going to the Carver café tonight for dinner." he starts but changes his tone seeing my annoyed expression. "No! Don't tell me you want to skip dinner and sleep again. We are going and that's final."

And poof goes my plan to sleep.

*********************************

"Ellie! It's good to see you after so long. How have you been?" Cora greets me with a warm hug.

Ever since I entered Cora's cafe for the first time during my visits to Forks or La Push, she has treated me like a little sister. Her hugs always feel like home.

"Shall I get you your usual or have your tastes changed?" she asks.

"The usual." I answer and make myself comfortable at my usual spot. Gosh! I'm here a lot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hot tears stream down my cheek as I rummage for water only to find that I have already finished my bottle. Fanning myself, I try to reduce the redness on my face as dad hurries to get me some water. Chugging it down, I lay my head on the table still feeling spicy sensation in the back of my mouth.

"One would think after all the experiences you've had, you'd be more careful when adding chili sauce to your dish." mocks Cora as she sets down few cookies before me. Ignoring her, I attack the cookies finally relaxing as the sweetness soothes my taste buds.

"Dad! Please don't leave any chili sauce before me the next time we go to a restaurant." I request him for the umpteenth time knowing very well that he will forget it again the next time we come here. "Sure thing kid." he responds confidently like he did every other time.

After the eventful dinner, we head back home with me munching on another bag of cookies. If it isn't already obvious, cookies are my love.

*************************************

The next morning finds me in the kitchen attempting to cook some edible breakfast in my sleepy state. Few colorful butterflies flutter past the kitchen's window catching my attention. Wow! I am definitely going to paint them this weekend.

Sniffing, I scrunch my nose as I smell something burnt. Shoot! Breakfast! There goes my sleep.

"What is that awful smell?" Dad asks entering the kitchen completely ready for work. I look up at him guiltily as I point to the pan that is now emitting fumes. Grabbing a spatula, dad pokes the supposed breakfast and asks, "What is it supposed to be?"

"Omlette" I answer though it sounds like a question.

"I'll grab something at the cafeteria. Do the same please. I'd like my house intact."

"Dad!! I won't burn down the house. Give me five minutes to fix something."

"Yeah I can see that."

"Um.." I guess he has a point.

With an award winning smile dad leaves for work leaving me to clean the kitchen. Sighing I turn to the mess already dreading cleaning it.

************************************

Parking at the school, I sit in the car staring at the classes ahead. The day started bad but some food should make it good right. My stomach rumbles agreeing with me. You're right tummy. I'll feed you soon.

A screeching sound makes me lift my head. Miss Swan! Jumping out of my car, I make a run to her as I see a car skidding towards her. A huge clang resounds the parking lot as the two vehicles hit each other.

Oh my god!

Running to her, I see the Swan girl relatively unscathed. Asking some student to call the ambulance I go to Tyler Crowley and try to clean his wound with my sleeve.

Sending the students back to their classes, I join the students in the ambulance. I guess the day isn't done with me yet.

Reaching the hospital, I sit with Mr. Crowley as a nurse performs the required tests. The chief of police bursts in rushing to his daughter and shouting at Crowley. I go to him and attempt to soothe him.

"Chief Swan, I'm Eleanor Knight. Isabella Swan and Tyler Crowley's teacher. Your daughter is doing okay. I do agree that it is the kid's fault but he is already traumatized. I request you not to shout at him right now."

He angrily turns towards me. Okay. I probably shouldn't have asked him to calm down. Bad choice Nora.

Sighing he agrees and apologizes to Tyler. Maybe not so bad choice Nora. Mentally patting myself on the back, I sit with Tyler to give him comfort till his parents reach here. Taking his parents details, I reach to dial them when I hear someone say "I heard the chief's daughter is here."

I turn towards the doctor only to see a model..?

Woah! Are doctors allowed to be this handsome?

===================================

Hello everyone!!!

I'm extremely sorry for disappearing for a while. I'm back now and will be updating frequently.

So, I have made a couple of changes in the book. I have changed the face claim of Eleanor to Emilia Clarke and I've changed her surname from Night to Knight. It is a cheesy surname but *shrugs*

nerd_positive Thank you so much my friend for the amazing cover❣️❣️

The chili scene is for you nerdy ❣️💞

Please vote and comment your thoughts ❣️

This is my first attempt at first person. So please excuse me for my mistakes and let me know if it is boring.

Stay safe, be happy and Have a great day/night ❣️