6 - Euphoria

Carlisle Cullen's POV:

360 odd years. That's how long it took for me to meet her. My blood singer. My mate. A silly smile splits my face at the word mate. Edward smirks at me reading my thoughts before running off to his mate's house. "Stalker" mumbles Rosalie watching him till he disappears. Sighing, I shake my head, slightly tired of their constant bickering regarding the Swan girl. Jogging up to my study, I pick up some random book and settle myself at my desk. I flip a couple of pages trying to read it but my mind betrays me and stays stuck on my mate, Eleanor. A name as beautiful as it's owner. I'm turning sappy but surprisingly, I don't seem to mind it.

Throughout my long immortal life, I have always wished for a companion. Someone I could come home to and share all my thoughts with. I've seen my kids with their mates and it only made me wanting for mine. When I finally found her, I was filled with euphoria. Her beautiful and expressive eyes so captivating, her scent driving me crazy, her voice - sweet as honey and so enchanting. I could listen to her talks all day. When she spoke her thoughts out loud, it took everything in me to stop flustering like a teenager and maintain a stoic face.

Since then, I had to endure constant teasing from my kids about how my thoughts always converge on Eleanor. My happiness went over the moon when she agreed for the date,even though it is as friends. Alice knew she was at park and gave me a heads up. I ran at the maximum speed possible and smoothed my hair before announcing my presence. Coming to think about it, my reaction was a bit childish. The things we do for love.

Her question about if I knew she was there at the park worried me. I didn't want to lie to her but I couldn't tell her the truth either. This brings me to my current dilemma. The rules restrict me from directly telling her that I'm a vampire. I can't keep lying to her. Maybe I should hint her about it. She doesn't seem like she is even researching about it like Bella Swan is. A knock makes me turn to the door.

Alice glides in gracefully with a mysterious smile on her face. "Don't worry. Miss Knight is very clever. Bella will figure it out soon and I am sure similarly Miss Knight will too." "But how? She has not seen any suspicious signs yet." I reply. She shrugs, "I don't know." I give her a dead panned look. She giggles and continues, "I have seen her here at our house. In my vision, I saw Edward playing the piano and us speeding to the room. She will know somehow. For now, just focus on your date dad. I am not helping you there."

The date. While I am very happy about it, I am not sure how to take it forward. A date without dinner sounds horrible. What will I answer if she asks why I am not eating. Sighing, I try to push these thoughts to the back of my head and focus on my book.

************************************

"You look handsome dad. I am sure Miss Knight will agree for a second date after seeing you this way. Maybe this time it won't be just as friends." Rosalie says smiling fondly. Each time my kids call me dad, my frozen heart fills with happiness. Thanking her, I take a last look at myself before heading out for the date. I hope this goes well.

Reaching her home, my nervousness increases as I knock the door. Xavier opens the door and beckons me inside hollering for Eleanor. "So, Carlisle, I am not good at giving threats. So I am sticking to the basics. I mean it completely though. Hurt my kid and I will hurt you." says Xavier.

Suppressing a chuckle, I nod at him and open my mouth to say something but my mind goes blank as I stare over his shoulder. There stands my ethereal mate in all her glory giggling at my state. Absentmindedly, a "Wow" escapes my mouth. If only I could blush, I am sure I would give a tough competition to a cherry tomato.

 If only I could blush, I am sure I would give a tough competition to a cherry tomato