7- Cooking Classes!?

Eleanor's POV:

Wailing sirens greeted us when we reached the station. Cops were rushing and tension was thick in the air. Away from all the rush, I see Cora standing at a side clutching herself sobbing hysterically. As Carlisle parks his car at the station, I jump out of the car rushing to Cora and hugging her with all my might. She clings to me sobbing. Consoling her, I ask her where her daughter is. She points to a truck nearby and I jog to the vehicle, taking the 6 year old in my arms. Her sleepy eyes observe the surroundings stopping on her teary eyed mother.

"Why is mommy crying?" she asks.

My heart breaks at her question and I try to come up with an answer. How do you tell a six year old that she just lost her father! Blinking away my tears, I make her sit down and kneel before her.

"Sweetie, your daddy went to his parents." I answer. Tears gather in her eyes as she asks, "But they - so he won't come back too?". Nodding negatively, I hug her and say, "I am sorry sweetie. Mommy and I are here for you."

Turning to Cora, I ask her if there is anyone she could go to. She responds affirmatively. Patting her hand sympathetically, I say, "How about you head to your parents or friend's place and take some time off? Little Lily can stay at my place till you feel better."

I cut her protests and continue, "It is no trouble at all. You need some time to process things. Lily will be fine. What do you think about staying with me Lily?" I direct the last question to the six year old.

She nods mutely leaning on my shoulder. Wiping her tears, I tug her hand pushing her behind me as I see the cops wheel Waylon out. His unusually pale hand hangs lightly to the side. I suck in a sharp breath as I hear Carlisle mentioning animal attack to the Swan girl. Helping Cora to her truck, I look around to realize that I do not have my vehicle here.

"Need a ride?" A voice sounds behind me. Turning around, I see Carlisle smiling sympathetically. "If it is not a trouble." I answer slowly.

The ride back home is relatively silent aside from the soft snores of Lily. The poor thing has cried herself to sleep. Stopping the car at my home, Carlisle turns to me and says apologetically, "I had a great time with you. I am, however, sorry for how the day ended. If you wish to talk to someone, or need any help, please feel free to contact me anytime."

Thanking him, I head inside and explain the whole situation to dad. He, unsurprisingly, agrees to Lily staying with us for a while claiming that he misses having little kids in the house.

***************************************

Giggles echo through the house waking me up from my slumber. My eyes snap to the new alarm clock on my bedside which shows that there is still five minutes left for the alarm to ring. Who is awake at such ungodly hour! Groaning, I dig my face into the pillow hoping to catch that five minute sleep. But when has luck been on my side in such matters!

Frowning, I trudge to the kitchen and see Lily and my dad bent over the stove whispering to each other and giggling. The mouth watering aroma of egg casserole wafts through.

"What's going on here?" I ask making the duo squeak in surprise. "Nothing!" says Lily. "Yeah. We are just making breakfast. Would you like some?" adds Dad.

Narrowing my eyes at them, I ask, "Then why are you giggling?" Something is definitely fishy here. Both of them exchange glances whispering to each other something that sounds like "you tell her." I clear my throat grabbing their attention. "So?"

Lily finally steps forward pushing a pamphlet to me. My eyes skim through the contents and an unamused frown sets itself on my face.

"Zavi Culinary Courses? What is this for?"

"Cooking of course silly" says Lily and the two of them start laughing again. I give them a deadpanned look and they calm down.

"Uncle Xavi told me that you burnt the omelette so this might help you." she says seeming innocent.

"What! I am not attending any cooking classes. Dad is cooking for us right?" I reply

"But how long will I keep cooking for you? Why don't you give it a try? Lily says they are good so they must be good." pipes in Dad.

"Lily is six dad."

"Ellie it will be fun. Please give it a try. Please?" requests Lily.

"If you do not like them, you do not have to continue. What goes in attending one class?" asks Dad.

"ARGH!! Fine." I exclaim making them squeal in happiness.

"Oh! The classes start this evening and are during the weekends only."

What did I get myself into!

*************************************

Pushing the door open, I enter the cooking classes hesitantly. Instantly a gush of various pleasant aromas hit me. Woah. The teacher must be a good cook. I see a bunch of people settling themselves behind the aisles chatting with each other.

Recognizing few known faces, I wave at them and observe the surroundings awkwardly. Tugging my hand, Lily points to an empty aisle in the middle.

"Come. Let's go there."

Smiling at her, I step forward still skeptical if it is the right choice joining these classes.

"Excuse me." I feel someone tapping my shoulder.

"Yes?" I ask turning around and stop in my tracks.

Oh Wow!

=====================================

Hello everyone!

Here's the next chapter of Eleanor's life. How is it?

Lily is a new character introduced by me.

Looking forward to your opinions

Please vote and comment ❤️

Stay safe, be happy and have great day/night ❤️