Chapter 1 ~ Only The Beginning..

A.N.
DISCLAIMER - If you don't know, this is the third book in the series, the first being Forbidden Love and the second being Brainwashed. However, I am not forcing you to read them in that order! You can read them in whatever order you want, I just wrote them in that order!

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

Without hesitation, or without stopping and thinking, I ran out the front door of my house with Mike trailing right behind me. No explanation, no goodbye, no nothing.

"Sarah?! Where are you going?!" My parents' voice called out, but my head quickly tuned them out.

My heart was beating so fast, my mind was racing, I couldn't even think straight. There were just too many nagging questions in my head.

Is everyone okay?

When did this happen?

Why were we attacked?

"C'mon Sarah, we got to go." Mike stated seriously.
I nodded.

"Ready Mike?" I asked him, turning into my squid form. He nodded determinedly and turned into his octopus form.

Quickly, we both super jumped to Inkopolis, more specifically, HQ.

~

With a hard splash, both Mike and I arrived at our destination and were met with a panicked Isabel.

'Hey you two! You're here! Here, take these!" Isabel exclaimed eagerly. The inkling had thrown our uniforms into our arms while Mike and I tried to process what was going on. Isabel had a mix of emotions on her face, relieved, worried, scared, and more. She also seemed to be really eager and quick with her movements. "Change quickly and meet us at Inkopolis Square!" Isabel ordered, already super jumping right back to Inkopolis.

I glanced over at Mike, who was staring at his uniform in his hands.

"I hope everyone is alright.." I whispered under my breath.

"Don't worry, Sarah. I'm sure they will be fine."

We stared at each other for a moment before giving a nod of determination.

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

It has been difficult trying to process everything that was going on. After all, everything is going by so quickly, I have no idea what's going on...I was scared for my life, Sarah's, and everyone else's.

Except, our lives and other innocent lives are at risk.

After Sarah and I had changed, we immediately headed out to our city to do our best.

Sarah and I stepped out into Inkopolis Square with a concerned look on our faces. "The entire place looks deserted..." Sarah observed and softly, I frowned and nodded slowly. "Everyone must've left or hid in a panic."

The Inkopolis Square had all sorts of garbage and personal items on the floor. Wrappers, wallets, and even some weapons were littered all over the ground. Posters from the surrounding stores and restaurants rested on the floor. It looked trashed to say the least.

"I wonder where everyone is..?" Sarah asked as we walked along the deserted plaza.

I wasn't so sure myself, but I pulled out my phone in an effort to contact the other Agent's. But to my dismay, I had no signal.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, we tried using our headgear in order to contact the others, but failed to get a response back.

I gripped my roller in hand tighter as my muscles tensed up. It was currently very quiet in the square, and from what I could see, there were no other Octarian soldiers around. So that's a relief.

"Maybe they're hiding some building near-"

BOOM!

Startled, both Sarah and I turned around violently in the direction of the loud explosion.

In the distance, a huge explosion of Octarian ink had occurred, leaving smoke trails in the area. From what I could tell, it seems as if a fire had started too.. I looked around the surrounding area into the distance to see if there were anymore smoke trails indicating attacks. And, sure enough, there were lots. Some farther away, while others were closer.

Sarah stayed there, staring off into the distance with a concerned look on her face. I quickly fixed her beautiful green hair before grabbing her hand and tugging on it. "C'mon Sarah...We have to find the others."

"Those stupid Octarians...Always causing problems.." I thought to myself, forgetting that I'm an octoling myself. My hand squeezed hers in the process.

"H-Hey! Mike! Look behind us!" Sarah exclaimed as she turned her back.

I perked my head up and turned to see a group of inklings running in a panic in our direction. It looked like a group of 7 or so, few with weapons while the others didn't have theirs.

"W-Wait. What happened back there?" I asked in my best soothing voice I had.

"T-They're attacking the city..a-and trying to destroy this entire place and b-bring it down a-and.." The inkling girl slowly started to sob, rubbing her eyes. They were clearly scared, and who could blame them? Their home was being attacked.

I looked over at Sarah, who was trying to calm down one of the younger inklings there, who seemed to be around 9 years old with who I believe was with his older brother.

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

"Hey, hey now...It'll be alright..." I said in a relaxed tone, gently stroking the hair of the little inkling boy sobbing tears. I tried my hardest to keep it together as well. I was just like any other inkling here, scared.

"P-Please excuse my younger brother...we're both really afraid here.."

I looked up and smiled sympathetically.

"Don't worry, it's only natural to be scared in a situation like this."

I blinked a few times before I turned to Mike, who was now trying to calm down the rest of the group of inklings. He gave a confident grin towards everyone, his crimson red eyes sparkling a bit. I knew the smile was meant for everyone else, to reassure that they're safe and to comfort them, but...it made me feel that way too, even if it wasn't intended towards me specifically. I felt my heart flutter a bit at the sight of him, and smiled more confidently.

"T-Those octolings are vewy bad.." The little inkling said softly as he continued to sob more quietly now.

"Yes they are, but don't forget. We have one on our side."

I looked back up at Mike, still doing his job.

"He is an octoling.." The older brother whispered in awe. "Whoa.." The younger sibling gawked, suddenly stopping himself from crying. They both had a look of pure child innocence, which in a way, I found it to be amusing.

"Will you..take back our home..?" The little inkling boy asked, sniffling a bit after he calmed down.

I kneeled down and smiled.

"Him and I are both soldiers, so we'll take it back!"

"We have to take it all back and defeat the Octarian army.."

~

A.N. Sorry for the long wait everyone! Busy with life related stuff.

But the third book is finally out at least!

I'll try to upload more!

Word Count: 1179