Chapter 8

Astrids POV:
We've just arrived at the cave and we go past the rock with our horses. We set everything up for our stay then we walk out the cave. We walk a little under a mile then I stop. "This is where she took me when she spoke to me. Her tracks her still here maybe they will lead us to her." Sarah nods and we walk side by side following the footprints. We follow them for a good hour probably more before they come to an end. "Shit" I mumble.

I look around the area when I see movement behind a bush. I run over and and move it. There she is my mother. "I'm not going crazy then, you really are alive, mother what happened to you?" She looks frantic "baby you have to go now, I took a big enough risk coming out and warning you before, you need to leave before they take us all." I'm confused "mother what are you talking about let me take you home, let us be a family again." She shakes her head "you must go-" before she can finish someone knocks her round the head and she falls. Before I can respond I feel a strong pain on my head I fall then everything turns black.

I wake up in a dark room. "Mother, Sarah are you in here?" I whisper. "Astrid, you're awake." I hear a voice it's Sarah's. "Yes where are we?" There's silence. "I don't know but from what I can tell we didn't travel that far, we are probably a three hour walk away from our horses in the cave. These people they don't like your kingdom I've heard them talking about attacking and I'm sorry but your mother isn't here, I don't know where she is." I lean against the wall "it's okay our priority right now is to stay alive, at least until someone can figure out we're missing and try to save us, it'll be okay plus I haven't found you a girlfriend yet, you'll need someone to help certain needs since I won't be able to once I married, it wouldn't be fair if you weren't getting any." I hear her laugh. She scoots over to me and I put an arm around her. "It'll be okay I promise we are getting out here alive" we get close to each other and fall asleep it's going to be a long road ahead of us.

Rosannas POV:
Right now I'm sparring with Hannah. I've made a lot of progress from the first time. "It's been three days they should be back soon right I shouldn't be worrying should I?" Hannah ask. I look at her "she's your friend, you've been worrying about her from the moment she left, and the king said the longest they will be gone is a week there's still 4 days I'm sure everything is fine." She nods and we carry on. If I'm honest I do have a bit of a bad feeling but if I tell Hannah it will worry her more. She's still tense and I know what I'm about to suggest will either make her more worried or it could make her feel a whole lot better "how about we take a couple horses and spend a couple hours seeing if their close by and then come back at sunset." She looks up smiles and nods. We walk out and pack, then, we get on a couple horses and leave.

It's around an hour into our journey and we haven't seen anything. I'm starting to think that maybe this was a bad idea. We've seen plenty of animal and animal footprints but there are no signs of human life or old camps where they could have temporarily stayed for the past two nights. "I'm starting to think this is pointless, Astrid is our best warrior, she's the best at fighting, best at tracking, best at covering her tracks, when she doesn't want to be found she won't be and I'm guessing she doesn't want to. This is stupid we should just head back." She looks more sad right now then anything "what's really going on Hannah because right now you just seem sad not worried." She looks away from me the turns her horse to face mine "I thought I was her best friend and then I find out she has a whole other friend she's know most her life and now has secrets and I don't know I guess I thought I was always her closest friend but I guess I'm nobody's first choice." She looks at the ground "your Diana's first choice she blushes at the mention of your name and is always telling me how kind and beautiful you are, I'm telling you one day you'll be putting a ring on her finger" that seems to make her smile and we just head back no point wasting supplies.

A/N
What's happening with Astrid and Sarah are they dead or still stuck in whatever place they are. Where's her mother. Guess you'll have to wait and find out. Don't forget to vote.