Chapter 9

Astrids POV:
"What did I ever do to you?" I shout at the man sat on the dirty black throne in front of me. "You stole my throne, you don't know who I am, but I know who you are sister." Wait what that's impossible I only have a little sister no other siblings. "Yes I'm our parents secret, see they were ashamed of me, they were not yet married and well I was a bit of a basket case, I killed any bird or dead or big, basically any animal that wasn't a horse that I saw and I enjoyed it I started talking about taking human life's but apparently that makes me a criminal our parents banished me before anyone could find out about me. I hate you, their perfect heir, when I saw you happy with that girl a couple years ago I knew I couldn't let it stay that way so I stole her mother tortured her then forced you to break up with her in return for the girls mother and you did it without hesitation even though you knew you'd be ruining the relationship you had with the love of your life, noble of you really it is, but you sit on my throne and I can't have that." I'm confused angry tired hungry sad. I can't take this "your a coward hiding behind these walls planning everything when no one even knows your alive. Taking people's mothers to get your way you psychopathic and I'm glad I never met you before. You bring shame to the family name." He walks over to me with a dagger in his hand a slides it across the top of my chest. I don't make a sound, I don't flinch or show any kind of pain. He makes a hand gesture and Sarah is brought out, as is my mother as is Rosannas mother. Great. They are all knelt in front of me.

"Now little sister one will die and you will choose which one or I will kill every single person inside the walls of you kingdom got it?" He stares at me. "Kill me, don't touch them kill me let me sacrifice myself for them and kill me." He laughs "no little sister the point is to make you suffer. However I know it's a hard choice so I will choose for you then I will let all of you go I promise." Before I realize what he's doing there a knife in my mothers heart "nnnnooooooo" I scream. I break from the guards hold and crawl over to her. Tears have masked my face as I hear my mothers last words "my angel, protect them all I'll watch from above, I love you." Her body is limp and her eyes have fallen to the back of her head. It's only us four in the room. The others injury's are bad and we need to leave. "Come on you two lean on each other I'll carry my other follow me."

We make our way through the halls and there are horses waiting for us. We ride them for a few hours until we reach the cave. From what I can tell we've been away four days. It's time we go back. I tell Sarah and Rosannas mother (Eritrea) to take the horses. I wrap my mother in fabric and tie it so people don't know it's her. It's a half an hour walk. I get up and carry my mother in my arms. My tears are no longer visible and I have put my stoic mask back on and we walk.

We near the kingdom "open the gates" I shout. As we all through the gates and go to the castle people crowd round, probably wondering who it is I'm holding. I see Rosanna walk out the castle "mum" she runs to the horse on my right and helps her mum down before embracing her tightly. Hannah walks out next along with my father and sister. Everyone looks confused. "Father come with me" I say as I walk past him. I walk him to my chambers and place her body on my bed. "I want you to know that I make no joke when I say this but the person on my bed is mother." He looks shocked. "Your mother has been dead for over a decade" he says. No she's been dead for a few hours, she has been held captive by my brother for over a decade" I shout and only then do I realize Elizabeth, Hannah, Rosanna, Eritrea and Sarah by the door. "Sarah, Eritrea you should go get your injury's cleaned and stitched" I say but they don't move. Elizabeth sprints to the bed but I stop her. "Sister no, I won't let you be haunted by the image of our mothers lifeless face." She falls topping my arms and I hold her tightly. I sit us on the floor and we both cry while everyone stands and watches "I'm going to make this right sister, I'm going to kill him for everything he's done we will get our justice. You know when we were in his prison mother told me a story. When we were little a boy tricked you into climbing a tree but you couldn't get down so I went up the tree and helped you down then I got the boy and beet him up so bad he never came near you again. Someone wrong'd you and I made them pay. Now our own brother has wrong'd this whole family because of me and now I'm going to make him pay I promise you that." She gets up off my lap and I stand up.

I look out the window and the wood is ready. I walk over to my mother and pick her up. I walk down to the front of the castle. Everyone from the kingdom is here. I walk over to the wood and place her on top. I take the fire stick and speak first "this is confusing I know but the woman that lay there now is the queen she was killed in cold blood, right now most things are just questions, there is only one thing I am sure of, we are going to war so as a night as a royal as a friend I ask you to sign up for a role to help us during this war in honor of my mother, your queen. Winning the war that is to come is how we remember her." Then I light the wood on fire. I stand there the whole time watching as the wood burns along with my mother and slowly turns to ashes. The only person left by me at the end in Sarah. She places her hand on my shoulder "let's go we need to get our cuts cleaned" she says but before I go I put the ashes that are a different shade knowing it's my mother into a jar and take it to my room then I go to the physician.

A/N
Oh no poor Astrid her mother has died and she found out she has an evil brother will she ever get a rest. Comment and don't forget to vote.