Chapter 10

Astrids POV:
I'm sat on a bench in our garden in front of the water fountain. It's been two days since I came home. Nothings happened. Everyone just goes through their day like normal. People have tried to talk to me like my father and others, I've been sent many flowers but I don't feel anything. My mother is dead, I feel completely numb, but also guilty, because in a way it's all my fault. If I had listened to my mother the first time, if I didn't go looking for her, maybe she'd still be alive.

It's sunny and hot. I'm in a loose white top and tight trousers but I could still easily kick someone's ass in them. I have my sword sheathed on my right side and a medium sized dagger on my left side. I have a massive bandage on my chest from the cut I had and a couple bruises but that's it. Sarah and Eritrea have bandages covering around 60% of their bodies. Eritrea is on bed rest orders made by Rosanna and Sarah is already feeling better so she's walking around doing things.

My father hasn't left his room and Elizabeth rarely leaves my side. She's with me right now. I've been her rock and explained to her exactly what happened, she doesn't blame me, in fact she blames our father and our mother partially. Her exact words were 'if they had killed him when they had the chance none of this would have happened' that did make me laugh but it's good we both want to kill him. It will happen.

I have a plan actually, tonight when everyone's gone to rest I will sneak out of the kingdom using a tunnel I made years ago. I will find our brother and challenge him to a fight to the death, if he wins he gets to see the faces of my loved ones when he delivers my body to them and if I win my kingdom will no longer be under threat. It's around 3pm so there's not much to do at the moment. I did promise my sister I would teach her how to handle a sword so I guess I could do a little now. "Lizzie go change and grab a sword I will start teaching you how to fight ok?" She nods and then runs off.

Before she comes back I hear commotion at the gates. I get up and run over "what's going on?" I ask authoritatively. I look to the guards "we don't know who these men are but they are asking to speak with you." I nod and walk over as the men step down from their horses. "Why are you here?" I question. One walks closer to me "we were sent by your brother to give you this." His voice is quiet and shaky and he hands me a letter with my name on it. He leans to my ear "there's a rebellion building in the people your brother has control of, there are very few of us, the guy with me and I think twenty others want to leave and find safety in the kingdom, we wish to help you bring him down, he doesn't suspect us yet but we have to move quickly, I will be back in a days time, read the letter and this." He hands me another letter. They get on their horses and ride off. I walk back through the gates and I find everyone staring at me, the guards, my sister, Sarah, Rosanna, Hannah, civilians and even my father. "Go back to work there's nothing to see right now" I shout so everyone scatters apart from my sister, Sarah, Hannah and Rosanna.

The letters are hidden in my waist band so no one knows about them but they all have that face plastered on them. They want to know what happened but this is for my to deal with alone, my father is a shell of a man my sister is to young and the others aren't allowed to know nor can they command me to tell them. It's safer this way. "Sorry Lizzie but training will have to wait an hour or so but we will start today. I promise." I walk past all of them but someone catches my hand. I turn my head "what?" I ask. "Aren't you going to tell us what's going on or who those people were." Hannah says while the others just stare. "They were nobody and nothing's happening so I suggest you just carry on with your day and nobody leaves the kingdom I can trust you can tell all the knights not to let anyone out." She nods in defeat and I walk to my chambers. I walk through the door and lock it behind me. I sit at my table and open the first letter.

A/N
I know I'm mean. Sorry. Wonder what the letter says. Let me know what you think in the comments and don't forget to vote.