Prologue

"Speaking"

Thinking/Flashback

Break or Echo

---

Three years. That was how long it had been since the Tournament of Power, the 'Universal Survival' as some called it. A tournament at which the entirety of the Multiverse hinged on the wish of a single warrior who made it to the end. It took camaraderie, determination and skill to win, alongside proving to the deities that mortals were capable of living through the wish on the Super Dragon Balls.

Everything had been relatively quiet and harmonious in the Multiverse. However, even in times of peace, there were always hidden battles to be fought, many challenges to overcome... many inner demons to defeat. That was the rite of a warrior, to become stronger than they thought they could be, both physically and emotionally.

And now... these warriors, who were once on opposing ends, were going to face the greatest challenge of their lifetime.

In the deepest parts of Mt. Paozu, far from civilisation and hidden from sight, lay a small house near a river bank. Near said house, a man floated above the river, crossed-legged and eyes closed. He seemed to be in a trance, the sounds of nature around him being dismissed as he concentrated. This man could not be considered normal, for he had unruly black hair that spiked up unnaturally, wearing an orange and blue gi which showed his muscular figure.

This man was known as Son Goku, a Saiyan who was born on the Planet Vegeta, but was raised among Earthlings.

You all know his story and his personality, so an explanation for that is unnecessary. Why tell a tale that has already been told?

He stayed like that for a while, hovering over the water calmly before the sound of another reached his ears.

"Goku! Lunch is ready!"

The Saiyan's eyes began to open, revealing his onyx orbs that flashed silver for a millisecond before returning to its normal state. Goku flew over and landed on the cool grass below him, a small grin forming as he headed into his home.

Chichi, the Ox-King's daughter, had greeted him. Her clothing wasn't too special, having a yellow martial arts uniform with a purple sash alongside white sleeves, a purple cloth around her shoulders and turquoise pants.

"Hey Dad!" Their youngest son, Goten, waved from the dinner table. He had grown a few inches since three years ago, and he was not like how many may remember. His hair was now shaggier and longer, though still somewhat resembled his father's. He had a yellow shirt with green sleeves, the words, 'Goten Son' at the front in black. He also had blue pants and yellow boots.

"Hey Goten!" Goku sat at the dining table with his son, and watched as Chichi brought over hundreds of plates of food. The two males drooled at the amount of food set in front of them before regaining their senses, saying their thanks, and digging in. Saiyans were never one for table manners; Chichi knew that well, but decided not to comment. She was married to one, after all.

It took a few minutes, but soon they had devoured every single plate of food that Chichi had given them, and the woman smiled as Goku and Goten leaned back into their chairs in satisfaction.

"Thanks for the grub, Chichi!" Goku grinned, his child-like voice birthing more positivity into the room.

Goten nodded, "Yeah, thanks Mom! Your food's the best!"

"You're welcome, dears." Chichi smiled, then turned to Goku, soon remembering that the Saiyan had some plans, "So, what are you doing today, Goku? Didn't you say something about someone coming over?"

"Oh yeah!" Goku seemed to have remembered what his wife was talking about and sat up, "The Pride Troopers are expanding across the Multiverse, and Jiren's protecting Universe 7. We talked a few days ago and he planned on coming over to Earth today!"

Goku punched his fists in excitement, "I'm gonna show him around for a bit... and maybe I'll get a good rematch from him too!"

"So that's why you've been training so hard these past few days." His son realised, giving a slight laugh as he knew that his father would always have a love for battle no matter how old he got.

Goku didn't bother to hide it, "Heheh, guilty."

Suddenly, Goku's eyes widened as he sensed a new yet familiar ki enter the atmosphere. A grin broke out as he dashed towards the door.

"Don't worry, I'll be back before dinner!"

Without allowing them to respond, Goku literally flew out the house, leaving his wife and son to sigh in exasperation.

"Your father's a handful."

"Yeah. He really is."

---

Where is he? A man thought to himself as he leaned on the wall of a building, a clothing shop of sorts. His eyes were closed and arms crossed, paying no mind to the people around him, nor to the stares that were surely upon him.

He was definitely not of Earth, better known as a Gray. He had gray skin with toned muscles, black eyes with enlarged pupils and a black sclera. He wore the uniform of the Pride Troopers, consisting of a red spandex with black sections around the collar and legs alongside white gloves and boots.

His name was Jiren, full title Jiren the Gray, strongest warrior of the Pride Troopers, and the mortal who was able to best his God of Destruction.

"S-Sorry I'm late! Completely forgot to use Instant Transmission!"

Jiren looked up, noticing Goku landing just a few feet in front of him, his boots slightly skidding onto the pavement as he ran towards him. Some strangers seemed surprised as they saw a man fly down, if they weren't already astonished by Jiren's appearance. The fact that what would be considered a stereotypical alien was standing (or leaning) right in front of them was unnerving and astonishing. It surprised Goku that no one had taken their phones out and posted the video they would take. But, then again, the Saiyan knew that Jiren would take care of that quickly.

"It's alright. I wasn't waiting for too long." The Gray replied with his deep tone, giving a smirk as he pushed himself off of the concrete wall, walking alongside the Saiyan in no particular direction, "So, where to?"

---

Here's the prologue of Dragon Ball Super: Multiversal Apocalypse! Now this story will be written as if you all had just read about the characters for the first time, but I enjoy writing descriptions for characters, be it large explanations or short ones.

(No flames please, I'm only 15)