Chapter 2

-A few days later-

"Forgive me for being late, I was busy with an incident in Universe 7's Planet Namek."

Jiren swiftly entered the meeting room of the main Pride Trooper HQ in Planet Netfiss, with everyone else patiently waiting for him. It wasn't anything grand, just a round metal table with chairs in the middle of the small room alongside a large holo-screen on the wall. There were also tables with refreshments on the side, and many hidden security cameras so no one could waltz in. But no one would dare enter here when the Pride Troopers were there.

"It's alright, Jiren." Toppo, a tall and burly man with tan coloured skin and a white moustache, reassured his old friend, "We were not waiting for too long. Now that everyone's here, let's start the meeting."

The meeting was relatively uneventful for the most part, with them talking about what villains they had apprehended in their designated universes, though Jiren was interested in one thing.

"What about that Legendary Assassin? Hit, was it?" He asked.

Kahseral, who was in charge of protecting Universe 6, looked at his watch, which showed a holographic report of the state of that universe, "He's a hard man to find, being an assassin and all. That, alongside the fact that he traverses through different universes, is troublesome." He replied, "Me and my team have little to no leads on him at the moment, I'm afraid."

"I see..."

Jiren never liked the assassin, and not just because of his profession.  He seemed to hold many secrets, and despite his stoic facade the Gray noticed an iota of complacency within him. It pissed him off.

But even if he wanted to, he couldn't do much about it. Hit was friends with Son Goku, a man he trusted quite a bit, and was considered close to the Universe 6 Saiyans. Despite being stronger than the latter and on par with the former, he didn't want to cause any disconnect between them if he ended up apprehending the assassin.

Well, it was best to leave that for another time. Jiren knew well what happens when he didn't think straight and charged through, and he didn't want a repeat of what occurred, both from his childhood and at the Tournament of Power.

The meeting ended thirty minutes later, and Jiren walked out of the Pride Trooper building, ready to head home when he sensed a sliver of a familiar ki hiding. It disappeared quickly, but he knew who it was and gave a smirk.

Luck is on my side this round. He mused, before flaring his ki and heading in the direction of where he sensed the familiar energy. I will finally see who you really are... no matter what.

---

Far up into the sky, Goku looped through the clouds happily, fondly remembering his times as a young monkey-tailed boy riding on his Flying Nimbus. His clear aura trailed behind him in a blinding light as he returned to his home in Mt. Paozu. As he reached the landscape he was acquainted with the most, a quaint house hidden behind thick bamboo stalks caught his eye.

He let a bittersweet smile grace his lips, changing his course as he landed near the house he once called home. Memories of him entered his mind, and he struggled to hold back the tears that were surely reaching his eyes.

Grandpa... Goku thought to himself. ...you raised me here in this very house... despite me bein' different from everyone else.

The Saiyan reached for the worn down doors of the house, but then hesitated for a brief moment. He was stepping into his childhood home, one that he hadn't been to since... who knows how long ago now. Why wouldn't he be tentative?

Taking a deep and shaky breath, he opened those cyan doors, looking on at a house filled with dust, cobwebs and mould. The place was exactly how he remembered it, with the cushion that once held the Four-Star Dragon Ball still in its original position alongside every bit of furniture.

Goku's curious side began to take a hold, knowing that there were places he was unable to reach as a kid even with his skill. On the right side of the back wall, a shelf too high for any child to reach was there and covered with dust. On the shelf, he noticed a red box alongside a note addressed to him.

He always wondered what was up there, since his grandfather told him to never jump any higher than a few inches in the house, lest he end up breaking the roof, and he stayed true to that even after his passing.

Being cautious, he took the box and its note from its place and set it down on the tea table behind him. Goku stared at the note for a while, his hands shaking slightly as he knew who it was from, but he was too scared to read it.

Regaining his confidence, Goku slowly opened the note and began to read:

To my dearest grandson,

Goku, if you are reading this, then that means that I have moved on to the next world, most likely that you are already an adult. I know you'd follow the rules of the house even after I leave, heh!

You were always a rambunctious little boy, and I knew you had potential as a fighter, which is why I began training you at such a young age. Even if you weren't of my blood, I still loved you like a grandson, and I always will.

Inside this box contains a special accessory that Master Roshi had gifted me a long time ago. Its description will be in the box alongside it. Please take good care of it.

I love you Goku... and I know that you were the greatest thing to have ever appeared in my life. I'm grateful to have made you my grandson.

Anyways, I must be going now, young you is already coming back from his hunting trip! I hope to see you again, someday... somewhere.

Sincerely, your dear Grandpa Gohan

Goku couldn't stop the tears from streaming down his face, and he let out a small sob of pain as he dropped the letter, the tears staining it. He knew what he had done. He knew that he was the one that killed his grandfather, and it hurt. It was his fault, just like everything else that had happened in his life.

But he knew better than to let that get him down. His friends still cared about him no matter what happened in his life, and his grandfather held no resentment for what he did. That alone was enough for him to push him forward.

With sheer determination, he ceased his tears, and gave a small and barely noticeable smile. He then opened the box to find a red necklace. It wasn't very intricate, just some red string with a gold orb at the end. Goku grinned, then noticed another note in the box.

This necklace has the ability to summon any weapon you desire, be it a hammer, a sword or an axe. It must be connected to you in order for it to work.

Feeling a sense of gratitude, Goku hung the necklace around his neck, smiling at the gift that his grandfather had given him. He then went outside of the house to see if it worked. He closed his eyes, his hand reaching out as if to grab something. The necklace then summoned a red Power Pole in front of him, with Goku's smile turning into a grin as he knew that it had worked.

"Heheh! Awesome, it worked!"

Once his laughter had died down, he looked up at the sky, where he knew he was watching him, "Thanks, Grandpa... I can't wait to see you again."

And with that, Goku flew back home, a weight lifted off of his chest as he knew that he had finally made peace with his past.