twelve

"It's literally so easy"

Reader POV

So today's a new day at school and everything was going perfectly Until this morning. You're currently in the bathroom hiding as you typed into your notepad on your phone.

Flashback

You were walking to your class when suddenly everyone was staring at you.

"Why is Atsumu walking directly behind her?"
"Is he going to hit her?"
"She's not all that, does he like her?"

What're they talking about?

You turned around to see that Atsumu was directly behind you with his hands in his pockets.

"What're you doing?" You whisper to him.

"I'm observing"

"What? Why?"

"I said I wanted to be a better person so I'm going to observe what you do and then I'll do it."

"What? Okay well, you don't have to be THIS close to me" You said while gently pushing his chest which causes him to take a few steps back. He looked confused as you turned around and headed to class but continued walking directly behind you.

This is so embarrassing.

You didn't say anything as Atsumu just continued to walk too close behind you.

That's not all though. Throughout the day Atsumu would do weird things. When you dropped your pencil he was all the way in the back of the class while you were in the front of the class and he had run to the front of the class to pick it up which startled everyone.

During P.E everyone had to run around the gym and he ran with you offering to carry you even after you refused. When you were in the hallway you were running to your designated class because you were late and Atsumu was walking the other way and he saw you so while you were running he literally grabbed your wrist to stop you.

"Don't.... run in the halls." He said as he let go of your wrist and gave me a thumbs up and then left.

Atsumu what the hell

You also can't forget how during lunch you had smiled at Suna and was staring at him a bit for ten seconds because you were admiring his features. You don't like him but he's a good looking guy you couldn't help it! But Atsumu had caught on and he smiled as he said "Suna! I think (y/n) had something to tell you." Suna and everyone else looked at you confused as Atsumu Gave you a thumbs up.

Atsumu why.

Present time

So the school had ended and it was time to go to volleyball practice. Atsumu had called your name in the hall but you instinctively ran to the bathroom to get away from him.

I realized I couldn't stay in here forever and you got up from the stall and washed your hands. You left the bathroom and I wasn't looking where you were going and you bumped into someone's chest.

"Ah, I'm so-"

Arms wrapped around you pulling you into their chest more and this startled and you looked up to see Atsumu smiling at you happily.

"Do not worry, you are safe!"

"Atsumu Miya, why wouldn't I be safe? We're in school" You said with a straight-faced looking up at him.

"Um..... bugs?"

".... what are you even doing?"

"Being a better person of course! That's why I helped you out today" He says smiling and I can't tell if that smile is real or fake.

I don't know if what you did today was helping me out...

"Have you ever done anything nice in your life?" I ask.

"Of course! I bought you dinner, gave you my lunch and I even stopped you from getting detention when you were running in the halls."

That just made me even later to class

"Those were your attempts?..." You asked confused.

"Of course. What did you think they were?"

I thought he was just trying to be funny.

"You're forcing it! You can't just force yourself to be nice it has to be from the kindness of your heart!"

"The kindness from my.....heart?"

"It's literally so easy to be actually nice, you're so clueless," I say but I'm not trying to be mean when I say this. It's actually a bit funny at how much he tried so I won't try to sound mean right now.

You sighed as you wiggled your way out of his "hug" and pointed at him.

"Atsumu Miya...... your grade for today...... C-"

Atsumu looked at you wide-eyed as you stayed pointing at him waiting for a response.

Atsumu looked confused about what to do when suddenly he bowed.

"Please raise it up to be a B"

"Wha?! You can't ask a teacher to raise your grade, that's not how it works. You have to try harder next time."

"Teacher? So you admit that 'yer going to be teaching me ways to be a better person?" He said looking back at you with a sly smirk.

And he's back

"For the benefit of others, yes. But please don't call me teacher, just call me (y/n)"

Atsumu's grin fades as he stares at you with his mouth open.

"What?" You asked confused.

"I can call you (y/n) now?"

"Well I call you by your first name, I guess it's only fair for you to call me by my first name."

Atsumu smiles at me as he starts walking back to the gym where volleyball practice is.

"Alright Manager (y/n)! Let's go!"