thirteen

"This is amazing!"

While you were in practicing before everyone could go home the coach stopped everyone.

"We have a field trip coming up everyone."

There was smiles and a bit of clapping from everyone. You were also excited about it which you didn't hide at all.

"It's going to be a three-night stay and we are there to practice volleyball as well as watching other teams play."

Most of the members cheered. "Alright!"

You grabbed a permission slip from my coach and headed off to work as usual.

During work, your mind frequently wandered to the field trip.

'Wow, I'll be away from my mom for a while.'
'Would there be other high school managers and would I share a room with them?'

"y/n! Come over here!"

"Right sorry!"

Time skip to the day of departure

You were packing up your bag for the field trip this morning. You were supposed to leave school pretty early. You made sure you had all the essentials like your toothbrush, money, clothes, etc.

You hurried downstairs as your mom smiled at you making your breakfast for you. She seemed a bit distressed and you already know she was worried about you. "It's only three nights mom you'll be fine don't worry," You reassured her.

'I really excited about this field trip. I get time off my job and school. It's a win-win situation.''

You gave your mom a tight hug as you left practically skipped to school due to your excitement. You made it inside the school and that's when you remembered that you had no idea where to go.

"(l/n)."

You turned around to see Osamu looking at you with a blank look.

" yes?"

"We're meeting in the gym, follow me."

You do as he said and followed him. It's a bit awkward. You've never really spoken to him that much anyway.

"(l/n)"

"Yes?"

"Did you do something to 'Tsumu?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"He's been acting....." Osamu pauses for a bit.

You giggled as Osamu struggled to find the right words. "Nice?...."

"Yeah he's been acting nice, it's so weird."

"He told me he wanted to be a better person so I've been "teaching" him ways on how to be one."

Osamu stopped walking and turned to you but didn't say anything. He's just staring at you for a while which makes you nervous and you shifted.

"Woah." He said and then continued walking as if nothing happened.

You made it to the gym and waited with the coach for other members to arrive so you all could leave.

The bus arrived and everyone was soon asked to get on it. You sat in the back not really expecting anyone to sit next to you. You weren't particularly close to anyone on the team. Yeah, you could call us friends but we weren't really close enough to talk about anything other than practice.