A new life part 2

6 months later

Korra sat in the healing tub,waiting for Katara to finish her healing. Rex sat next to the pool keeping Korra company.

"The poison sure has done a number on your body" said Katara as she moved her hands back and forth

"Can you fix it".

"I can guide your healing process but whether or not if you get better is up to you" Said Katara as she lowered her head a little. Korra sat up in the tub looking down with a sad expression on her face.

"I know what its like to go through a traumatic experience" said Katara trying to help Korra"

"So have I. Couple times in fact" said Rex internally.

"And I promise you if you dedicated yourself to getting better, then you'll get better. Stronger than ever" said Katara trying to lift Korra's hope up.

" I want that. More than anything in the world."

"How about trying this. Try moving your big toe." Korra tried but nothing seemed to be happening. She then felt a hand on her shoulder. She saw Rex, giving her a reassured look.

"You can do it Korra. Just try" said Rex. Korra was happy to have found a friend like Rex. He would always try to make her feel better. Him being there with her made her feel happy. She then looked at her toe and tried to wiggle it. She then gasped when she saw that it did.

"Rex it's working" said Korra with happiness in her voice.

Then they went to a room that was made for Korra to try to practice walking again. She grabbed the beams and tried to stand up but fell down. Rex moved as quick as he could and grabbed Korra before she hit the floor. He then helped her back up and stand tall.

"The mind can be a great ally or your greatest enemy. Now I want you to try and take a step. Korra tried but then she had a bad flashback and fell down but Rex caught her in time.

"It's ok. Let's try again."

"I'm done for today" said Korra with frustration in her voice.

"Are you sure" said Rex.

"Yes" said Korra as Rex helped her back into her chair and rolled her to her room. He helped her into bed, then pulled up a chair and sat next to her bed.

"Korra can I ask you something" said Rex.

"Sure."

"When you said you were done for today, did you mean just today or did you mean forever." said Rex with a little bit of stern in his voice. Korra looked at him and sighed.

"What's the point Rex. We've been at this for months and I can't even take a step without falling down" said Korra with some sadness in her voice.

"Korra I understand you're frustrated but..."

"Of course I am frustrated" interrupted Korra. "A crazy man poisoned me now I can't walk or cook for myself or just do anything. And during all this time my friends have been helping the world while I've been here trying to recover but nothing has happened" screamed Korra.

"I've been stuck here trying to get better but so far nothing is happened and I'm stuck here and not even Katara can help me..." screamed Korra but was stopped by Rex as he got up from the chair and hugged her

She was surprised by this but soon she embraced the hug. She then started to cry into Rex's shoulder. Rex rubbed her back trying to make her feel better and hopefully feel safe. He sat on the side of the bed and continued to run her back. He felt sorry that Korra was feeling this way. It kind of reminded him of an incident back home.