Friends once again

Rex and Korra were sitting in a cave that Korra earth bended herself, because it had begun rain and they didn't want to catch cold. They both looked each other with worry in their eyes and Rex started to begin.

He proceeded to tell Korra everything about him. He told her about his powers, who he was, how he actually knew what happened to his family and that he had an older brother, his family and friends, his job, his enemies, about how he was from another world, how he ended up in this world, and that he was the flaming meteor that crashed near the spirit portal that same night they found him.

Korra couldn't believe what he was saying. She couldn't believe that Rex was from a diffferent world and that he had incredible powers. She had a hard time believing his stories but yet she could see it in his eyes that was telling the truth. Plus she tried Lin Beifong's method of lying by listening to his heart beat with earth bending. And throughout his whole story, he was telling the truth.

Korra was amazed by this news but the more she thought about it the more frustrated she was at him. She was angry that he lied to her for more than a year. That he couldn't just tell her the truth. She then looked up at him saying

"Why didn't you just tell me this. I thought we were friends" yelled Korra.

"I'm sorry, Korra. And we are friends" said Rex, feeling down. "I know I should've told you the truth but I didn't know how you would react. I've never seen this world nor know anything about it so I was scared of what people would do if I said I was a man from another world."

"Well, you could've told me. I'm good at keeping secrets."

"I know. I know" said Rex still hanging his head but he lifted his head up and said "Look I know your angry and you have every right to be but don't let this destroy or friendship." Rex got up then walked over and sat next to Korra.

"Look. I care about you Korra. I mean I traveled all over the Earth kingdom to try and find you. So I want you still care about me, like how I care about you" continued Rex putting his hand on Korra's shoulder but Korra turned the other way.

Lighting crashed outside and the wind began to pick up. Korra was shivering and warmed her hands up with her fire bending but saw that Rex removerd his coat and placed it on Korra saying "Here. To keep ya warm".

"Look Rex. I just need some time alone right now" said Korra while looking at Rex. Then looked the other way.

Rex sighed and said "Ok. I'll leave you alone. But please don't run away. I don't want this whole thing to ruin our friendship" said Rex.

He began to walk towards exit and built his Block Party to protect him from the wind and rain and began to walk away from the cave. Korra saw Rex do this and just glared at him as he began to walk away. She was still angry at him. That he kept this from her and her family. That he kept the appearance that he had no memory of his past. Well, it was true that he had lost his memories but that was years ago.

She kept thinking about how she was upset at Rex, then she felt something inside his jacket. She looked and saw his journal. She remembered that Rex told her that he wrote in it in case if he lost his memories again. She figured that she shouldn't read it but then she remembered about how he lied to her so she didn't care. She opened the book and flipped to the first page.

Korra continued to read it and was shocked by all the things he wrote down. She read about how he lost his powers, how he found ways to sneak out of Providence, about the journeys he had, and how he saved his own world from destruction. And how he missed his friends and family. His job and even his stubborn boss.

She stopped reading and began to ponder what she had read. The things in his journal kind of reminded her of the things she had done and that they were similar in some ways. They both had incredible power and that they were one of a kind. How they both like to sneak away to have some fun. Faced powerful opponents. And how they lost their own powers but came back stronger than ever. She saw a bit of herself in him and took that to heart. She then remembered how she ran away from home. From her family and friends and that she missed them. She then shook her head and then looked back at the journal.

She began read about his journey into her world. She read how he was worried about how people would react to a person like him and remembered him saying that to her not to long ago. She then read the parts about him helping her get better with her recovery, the saw the part that she remembered long ago. The day she began to walk again and how they celebrated. She continued to read and saw something that made feel happy. It was the part in his journal where he said how he still feared the people and how they would treat him, but he knew one thing would always make him feel happy about arriving in this world. It was that he made a new friend in Korra. That even though he may never know if he'll ever get back home, he will always be happy that he made a new friend. And her name is Avatar Korra

Korra looked at those words and began to cry. She was amazed by the things she read. She was surprised by all the things he had gone through and how he was able to live with those things. She felt bad for being mean to him. He had already gone through so much in his life and didn't want him to be sad that he lied to his best friend.

Korra sat up and put his journal back in the jacket pocket. She put the jacket on and went to the exit to find Rex. She water bended the falling rain so it would fall in her. She walked a few feet and saw Rex sitting on a log, looking down, still hiding under his Block Party. She then saw Rex look up as he saw walking this way. He got up and walked towards her.

They were a few feet apart and Rex said "Why don't you hide under here. It's more warm in here than in your situation."

Korra nodded as Rex deactivated his gauntlets and let Korra stand closer to him, then reactivated them. He looked at Korra and was about to say something but Korea intervened by hugging him. Rex blushes at what Korra was doing but he embraced her hug. He then began to hear her cry lightly saying

"I'm sorry Rex. I shouldn't have snapped at you. You've already gone through so much and I don't want you to feel bad by how I reacted" said Korra, feeling guilty.

Rex then said "It's ok Korra. You had every right to be mad. I didn't tell you the truth and I kept lying to you for more than a year, but there's one thing I didn't lie about."

Korra dried her tears and looked at Rex saying "What."

"Being your friend. I do care about you Korra, a lot. When I first arrived in this world, you were the only one to help me. You taught me about this world. About you. What bending is. You even taught me your language. And I enjoyed our time together."

Korra was touched by his words and began to cry into his shoulders and said "But I ran away from home for six months. And you spent all that time trying to find me and how did I repay you. By running away. How can you like me after doing all that" cried Korra in sadness and frustration.

Rex then took his fingers and lifted up her chin saying "Because I knew that you were going through a tough time in your life and I knew that you didn't know what to do so you ran away to figure out what to do" said as he looked into her eyes. "But it's ok to ask for help when you in tough situations. I mean, you have me, your parents, Tenzin, and those friends that you told me about in Republic City. We're here for you and we're willing to help you through these tough times. And I promise to never leave your side. I made a promise that when I found you to never let you be alone. So I'm here for you, Korra."

Korra was touched by his words again. She felt happy about what he said and cried into his shoulders saying

"Thank you Rex. You have no idea how much that means to me. Thank you" as the tow embraced each other as it continued to rain outside.

They walked back to the cave and Rex told her "From now on, let's let there be no secrets between us. Be honest with each other".

Korra nodded in agreement. "How about we start with, what it's like in your world."

Rex looked at Korra and nodded and he began to tell her about his world as the rain continued it fall outside.