The search continues

4 month later

For 4 months, Rex had traveled through the Earth Kingdom in search of Korra. He had flown from town to town and asked around if anyone had seen her but to no avail. Traveling to the towns of this world proved to be a little bit of a struggle for him. People always gave him weird looks because of the way he dressed. Rex tried his best to not make a scene because he was still worried how these people would react to his powers or just him in general, but he didn't pay much mind to it.

As he traveled through the towns, he also met the criminals that were in them and when he saw that they were causing problems, he acted and put them down in secret. When the police asked them who caught them, they gave them the description of a man that grew metal from his body but the police just thought they were lying and didn't pay attention to what they said. Rex was lucky they didn't buy their story and continued on his journey

He had also been running into soldiers that worked for a woman named Kuvira. He remembered that name because Korra told him what she did for Korra and her friends and he applauded her for that. But something about this group seemed off to him. But he wasn't focused on that. His main goal was to find Korra and bring her home. Like he promised.

He was currently flying over the mountains and he landed down on a cliff to stop for a break. He then pulled the map from his coat.

"Alright, where do I start heading next" as he looked at the map. Rex had checked marked the areas he had visited so to make sure he wasn't running in circles. He saw that there was a town called Yi, close to his current position.

"She might be there, but then again that's what I've said about the last few towns" said Rex as he put the map away and was about to form his wings, when he noticed something in the distance.

It was a flying bison, like the one he saw Tenzin on before. He also noticed it was carrying some cargo and 2 people on board. He decided it was best to wait until they were out of sight. But then he heard something. Out of the clouds, he saw a big plane flying next to them. He pulled out some binoculars and looked up above. He saw that the people on the plane were fighting the people on the bison.

Knowing that it wasn't going to end well, he formed his wings and flew off to follow them. But he stayed close to the ground so they couldn't be able to see him. He saw 2 people fighting around the bison and cargo. He saw a man with long hair, seeming to be cutting the ropes of the cargo.

"They're criminals and they're stealing supplies" thought Rex as he continued to follow them. He then the plane taking to cargo and saw the boy that was on the bison try to reach it but failed and started to fall down. The plane then took the cargo and flew off.

Rex thought he should intervene and help the boy but he saw the girl fly down and help him from falling. Rex sighed in relief that they were ok, then looked in the direction of the plane and followed them.

Town of Yi

Oppal and Kai were scared to go back into town. They promised people food and supplies but they were stolen from them. They didn't know how the people would react and knew that if they couldn't provide the town then they had no choice but to sign the town over to Kuvira and the Earth Empire.

They saw the town of Yi and flew down there. They jumped off the bison and went to greet the governor. They expected him and the town to be surprised that there wasn't any supplies, but he came up to them with a smile on his face.

"Thank you, Airbenders. Thank you for giving us the supplies we needed" said the Govenor with a smile of his face. "Thanks to you, I won't have to sign that treaty over to that villainous, Kuvira" he said with a scowl on his face.

Oppal and Kai looked at each other in confusion. "What supplies. We lost ours to a couple of bandits. We didn't give you supplies" said Kai, concerningly.

"But they were left right here, standing under our sign" as he pointed to the front gate.

"And it had a note on it saying "Here's the supplies you need. Hope it's enough." We assumed it was you" said the Governor.

"Well it wasn't us. We thought we lost them and you might've had no other choice but to sign over to Kuvira. But if we didn't give you the supplies, then who" questioned Kai.

"Well, whoever it was, my people can continue to live peacefully without the help of Kuvira and her forces."

"Umm, ok then" said Kai. Both of the airbenders got back on the bison, asking each other. Who got the supplies from the bandits and gave them to the people.

As they flew off, Rex watched them from behind a building saying, "No need to worry. I took of the criminals and gave the supplies, but it's nothing to be concerned about" said the boy as he continued on his journey to find Korra.

"On to the next place" said Rex as he drove off.