Secrets revealed

Korra couldn't believe her eyes. Standing in front of her was someone she thought she wouldn't see for some time. Rex Salazar. Standing right across from her. She was lost in thought but got back to track saying

"Sorry you've got the wrong person. I just have one of those faces."

"Yea, right. Come on Korra. You can't fool me. I've spent more than a year or so with you to know that face of yours. I know it's you"

Korra didn't know what to do. On one hand, it was good to see her old friend again. But on the other, she wasn't ready to see him yet.

Not wanting to drag him into her problems, she turned her body the other way and started running away from him

"Korra. Wait. Stop. Where are you going" was what Korra heard from Rex as she was running away from him.

She tried to evaid him but he kept following her. She kept begging him to go away, but he didn't listen.

She started to come up near the forest, then stopped, turned around and formed a big rock wall in front of her to block Rex from following her. She then turned and continued to run, while hearing Rex's voice in the back. She continued to run into the forest, then stopped when she thought she was good enough distance away from him.

She then sat down and began to cry a little. She felt awful for running away from him. She figured that he was looking her and wanted to help her and she turned her back on him. She felt bad for doing that to her friend. He came all this way to find and that's how she repaid him. By running away from him. Not even saying hello.

She then heard growls coming the dark parts of the forest and saw 4 platypus bears crawling out of the bushes. Korra saw them then stood up and took a defensive stance. The bears then started to run towards her, so Korra started throwing boulders at them but they kept charging through. She airbended herself into the air to get a good enough distance away from them. She then threw fire balls at them but that just seemed to make them more agitated at her. Korra kept bending the elements at them but they kept fighting back. She tried to throw a big boulder at them but before she tried to, one of the bears charged and knocked her back into a tree. She hit the tree with a thud and felt pain in her back.

Korra grunted in pain and proceeded to look and and saw that the bears were surrounding her and began charging at her. She was too tired to try and throw more curve balls at them. She closed her eyes and waited to the bears to attack her but what only thing she heard was a KLUNK sound. She opened her eyes and saw she wasn't hurt. She then looked and gasped as she saw Rex standing beside her, with a giant, orange, metal hand where his hand should be.

Rex's POV

I managed to get around Korra's rock wall and tried to find her but she had ran into the forest and disappeared. But that wasn't going to stop me. I proceeded to run into the forest. I searched for her but couldn't see a thing since it was night time. But I suddenly started to hear animal sounds and earth bending sounds. So I proceeded to follow the sound and saw Korra was battling what looked 4 bear hybrids. I didn't know what they were but I knew they were hurting Korra. I saw that they knocked Korra into a tree and saw she was getting tired and struggling to hey up. They were charging towards her so I ran as fast as I could and knew I could only do one thing. My hands glowed with blue lines and I formed my Smack Hands and landed a punch on one of the bears with a KLUNK.

Third person POV

Rex landed a hit in the bear and sent it flying back. Then looked at Korra and held out his regular hand saying

"Are you alright Korra."

She nodded and took his hand but she was trembling a little bit at the sight before her. She had never seen this kind of power before. Rex then looked back at the animals that were surrounding them saying

"Don't worry Korra. I've got these jokers" said Rex with cockiness in his voice as he jumped forward and began to punch the bears that came to close to him.

He punched one then saw another come from the side of him so he made his Punk busters and kicked the bear over the trees. Then grabbed the last bear with both his hands and threw it over the trees as well.

Rex looked as the bear began to run away. He deactivated his builds as he hind his head and began to look back towards Korra. She had a look of disbelief as well as fear on her face. Rex expected this to happen so he sighed and gained the confidence to say

"I guess I owe you and explanation" he said.

Then Korra looked him with distrust and added

"Yea. I think you do"