Finding Korra.

As Rex left the South Pole

Rex had taken a boat and sailed towards Republic City. He looked back at the village and thought about telling Tonraq and Senna about Korra but he didn't want to worry or scare them. When he was good enough away from the village where no one could see him, Rex activated his Boogie Pack and flew to the sky, to figure out where he should start looking for Korra. He flew for few hours till he saw a little village near the sea. He figured it was a good time to take a rest.

He flew down to where no one could see him and deactivated his wings. He then walked and smelled something peculiar. His stomach then growled.

"Guess I should eat before I go".

He walked over to the smell and saw and old man taking a snooze on his counter. He decided to have some fun here. He slammed his hands on the counter, frightening the old man and falling backwards. He got up and said

"Good lord boy. You trying to give me a heart attack."

"No. Just having a little fun" said Rex as he snickered. "What do you have to eat."

"I've got fish, lobster crabs, seaweed. You know, stuff from the sea."

"Ok guess I'll try the lobster crabs."

"Ok that'll be two yuan." Rex was lucky that he was being paid to help with chores back at the village or else he'd have to hunt for his own food. The old man took the money and went to go cook the food. When he saw the old man go back to his kitchen, he looked to the back and saw something he hadn't seen for two months. It was a picture of Korra smiling, next to some man with a big smile spinning food around.

"Sir sir" screamed Rex as the old man looked back at Rex.

"When did you take that picture."

"Why, I took the picture 2 months. That there is my hall of Avatars. One of the the left is Avatar Aang. The other is Avatar Korra. Oh wanna try my famous Aang rolls. They're my best seller."

"No. I'll just take the crabs. Do you have any idea where she went."

"I'm sorry to say I don't know. Sorry sonny." Rex slammed his hand on the table and cursed under his breath.

He then heard some lady scream "Help! Thieves."

He turned around and saw two boys run away from a building, where the lady screaming was at. He saw his opportunity to help again and took it. He ran behind the buildings and followed the boys. He saw them ahead, walking away from where they robbed that lady. Rex ran around them, then hid in a bush, to where the boys were heading towards. When they got close, Rex jumped out, activated his Smack Hands and punched the boys lights out. He then drug them back to the building where the lady was.

"Thank you, young man. These two have been robbing me for a while now."

"Maybe that's a clue to get some security" said Rex bluntly.

"Yea I guess so. Now to take care of these trouble makers" as she drug them away. Rex then took his food, ate it, then flew off again.

Night time fell in Republic City as Rex was flying close to it. Rex thought about stopping and asking if she was here but he didn't want to cause a ruckus. He then saw an island near the city. He thought he'd land there and ask someone if they had seen her. Rex landed on the rocks near the sea and slowly climbed up towards the platform. He carefully looked around for people but saw no one was here.

"It is night so they must be asleep" he thought. He then looked from a window into the building saw a little boy with shaggy hair in pajamas walking down a hall.

"Hey kid, I need to ask you something."

"Huh, what" said the kid groggily.

"Is the avatar here."

"Huh, uh no she's not here."

"So my theory was right" he thought.

"Thanks kid" said Rex as he vanished from the kid's sight.

"What a weirdo" said Meelo as he walked back to his room.

"So Korra didn't come to Republic city. Then where did she go" said Rex to himself as he flew above the city.

"I've got to start looking somewhere. But first I should get a map of this world so I'm not running in circles" he said as he flew close to the city. He landed on top of a roof and deactivated his wings. Then proceeded to climb down a fire escape and walk towards the street.

He walked around the city trying to find a map. He then saw the police station and thought that they could help. When he walked in, he met an old lady with gray hair and was wearing a metal suit with a gold piece on it. "What can I do for ya" she said with a little sass in her voice.

"I need a map of the whole world, with all the cities and places in it."

"Why do you need every single place on it, might I ask" said the lady suspiciously. "Truth be told, I'm looking for a friend. She ran away from home and I'm trying to bring her home. I thought she'd be here in the city, but she wasn't. I'm willing to travel far and wide if it'll mean I'll get to see her again."

Lin looked at him and saw that he wasn't lying. "All right kid I'll help you. There's a farmers market down the road, but it's closed for the night. You can stop by there tomorrow and ask for one."

"Thank you for your help" said Rex kindly. Lin looked at the boy as he left and thought "there goes a good man. He's willing to go to the ends of the earth to find his friend. He's got a bright future ahead. Though he dresses kind of odd." Then went back to work.

Rex thought about where he should sleep. He then remembered that this world was big and traveling would mean he would have to buy food. So instead of spending money on a hotel, he flew off into the forest outside the city and slept in a cave. He made sure that nothing would get in, so he used his B.F.S. and cut a big piece of bark on a tree and placed it in front of the cave entrance so nothing could get in. He then went to sleep resting his head on his jacket for a pillow.

Morning came and Rex went to the farmers market to get a map. He was able to get one and when Rex looked at it, he was surprised by the size of the continent. It was huge. Korra could've been anywhere by now. "Well better start looking" he thought as he walked far outside anyone's sight and created his wings again and flew off to find Korra and bring her home.

"I'm coming Korra. I'll find you. I promise I will not stop searching till I see you again." And Rex took to the sky, starting with the first town on the map.