Chapter 1

Sorry if this chapter a bit slow and long I promise it'll get better when we get more into the story.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Stella are you ready?"My best friend Andrea called from the living room.

"One sec!"I called back.

I sighed and touched the smiling picture of my parents one last time and put it in my suitcase. My parents died a week ago in a car accident and I have no other family members. i was lucky they had previously put in their will for me to live with Andreas family. Today was the day they'd planned to move to Italy because of her dads job when my parents died they'd offered to postpone the date but I didn't want to inconvenience them. I stared at myself in the mirror in front of me. My dark brown hair was in a ponytail which rarely happened but what set me off was my gray eyes that were usually dancing and full of life were dull and sad. Andrea walked up behind me. She was beautiful and all the boys loved her. She'd refused to have her blonde hair cut for months so she could grow it out to her waste and it was almost there. She had big brown eyes that could convince you to do anything full pink lips and a few freckles.

"Hey hun I'm gonna be in the car."She said trying to hold back how excited she was to move to Italy.

"Ill be there in a sec."I said.

She turned and walked out of what's been our room for the past week. After a few moments I turned away from the mirror said my goodbyes to the house then got in the car and we drove off to the airport. Andrea and I talked and laughed the entire nine hour plane ride. Finally we landed in Florence and soon we were at our new house. We were all exhausted so we decided to sleep. In the morning Andrea and I decided to do some siteseeing. We decided on the duomo cathedral first. I could tell something was on Andreas mind although she tryed to hide it well. I'd always naturally been able to read people Andrea hated how I could read her when usually she was hard to read.

"Andrea what's wrong?"I finally asked.

"What? Nothing."She said quickly.

"You don't have to tell me." I said not wanting to pry.

"It's just how do you do it? Your parents only died a week ago and ive only seen you cry once. I know your hurting I just don't get how your staying strong."She answered after a moment.

"I guess i've learned to just keep living. Do I wanna burst out crying every second? Yes. Does it help anything if I do that? No."I replyed.

"You're too rational for your own good. Now lets see if we can find you a cute boy in here." She said smiling.

"I doubt it." I mumbled.

That was the thing about Andrea she loved to try to get me to date all sorts of guys and she believed everyone had a true love out there for them which I wasn't so sure about.

We walked in and out of the corner of my eye I saw the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen. She was tall pale and skinny with dark hair and purple eyes. She seemed to be leading a tour group. She caught me looking and started walking over with the tour group and I got an immediate sense that something bad was gonna happen.

"Hi my name is Heidi and I'm leading a free tour of volterra castle! Would you like to join the tour it should only take two hours tops." She said giving a charismatic smile.

All of my instincts screamed "danger! danger!" although I wasn't sure why. This seemed totally cool.

"I don't know..."I said.

"It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. You wont find something like this any other time." Heidi persuaded.

I wanted to go but something felt incredibly wrong.

"We'd love to go!"Andrea said.

I started to protest but Andrea cut me off.

"Stella come on have a little fun in your life."

"Fine we'll go."I grumbled.

"Perfect follow me." Heidi said.

We followed her onto a train and after around an hour to an hour and a half we stopped in volterra.