Chapter 35

Warning: This chapter may contain disturbing scenes that may trigger anyone. Please read at your own risk.

-

"What? It's true. I don't like that girl–" His mother looked at me. "–for you. You're too good for her," kalmado ngunit nay diin na sabi ng Nanay ni Theo.

Theo looked furious while his mother is just sitting pretty in front of us. Nakabilog kasi kami sa upuan.

"Teresa! You don't have the right to say that! How can you be sure that my daughter is not deserving of your son?!"

It's my first time seeing Mama shout like that. She's always proud and confident, now she seems like she's going to burst out of anger. She still kept her composture though. Pero hindi na sweet ang boses ni Mama. It was strained.

"Because she's not. How can a 24 year old girl have a nine year old daughter?! That's unbelievable! When she was young, was she already a flirt?" She scoffed and is steal looking at me disgustingly.

I wanted to cry, but what she thinks of me is not worth my tears.

Mas humigpit ang kapit ko kay Vee habang may binubulong-bulong siya sa akin. Maybe she's telling me something to calm down, but all I can hear and see was how Theo's mother looked at me.

"I-I wasn't a flirt!" I defended my self.

She smirked and laughed.

"You weren't huh? How can you explain to us about how you had a daughter, huh?" She turned to my parents who are now fuming in anger. "Bata pa lang ang anak mo, pero pinayagan niyo nang magka boyfriend, kaya nabuntis?!" she assumed.

I wanted to shout and tell her about what really happened to me, but she's not worth my explanation! My parents also know that that's why they kept silent.

"Oh, no one is really going to say a thing?" Inikot ng nanay ni Theo ang tingin niya sa aming lahat.

The only person who's happy about what she's saying is Gabrielle.

So I think she's the one who's been spitting shit about me to Theo's mother.

The gaze of Theo's mother stopped at me.

Her look was still judging me. She looked disgusted by me.

"Remember this, a girl like you would never be worthy of my son," iiling-iling na sabi ng nanay ni Theo.

I don't know what's more painful.

Her looking at me with disgust and telling me that I'm a flirt, or the fact that she told me that a girl like me would never be worthy of Theo...

I felt a lump on my throat. I wanted to defend my self, but instead I found myself sobbing.

Theo sat down beside me and looked at me in concern.

Am I not worthy for Theo just because I have a daughter?

I couldn't believe that she's telling me those things just because I have a child.

It's not my fault...

"I can't even stand the sight of you, being with Theo even if I just met you today. You're a complete mess for me and you will always be. Quite whining because it's your fault why you don't deserve him. Gabrielle is the one deserving for Theo, and not you."

Was it really my fault?

I don't know why people often judge you when all they know is just a pinch of the truth.

Was I flirty that's why I got raped?

I didn't want that to happen... but why is it my fault that it did?